Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cybertruck [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
A sort of funny cybertruck review from Doug DeMuro.
And a remarkably fitting intro about the car:

"... It looks absolutely insane, It has insane performance, It comes from a company run by an insane person ... "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDkzm_LR0Co

Not going to sit and watch a 40 min review video.. Care to summarize.

I can't get over the fact you would sell a car that tells folks you shouldn't go through a car wash, but if you do we have a special mode you need to put the truck in.. This is just not something you do on a mainstream truck/vehicle. Sure some low riding sports cars but a truck?

Honestly, I am surprised with the issues that have happened already. I would have thought Tesla by now would have had some of these production issued figured out by now.

I have not heard, what the cause of the accelerator pedal cover sliding off was (i know the fix is they are riveting it on). Why that did not have a mechanical attachment to begin with simply blows my mind. Hell floor mats now have mechanical attachments.

Last I heard was they changed adhesive suppliers last minute and there was too much water in the new one. Then they installed the rivet off center on the pedals.
Quote Reply
Re: Cybertruck [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano hollowcranks were two pieces of metal glued together. Users stand on those parts. Bikes crash and pedals usually hit the ground first. Years and years of abuse? IDK what they were thinking:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2023/Shimano-Recalls-Cranksets-for-Bicycles-Due-to-Crash-Hazard

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
A sort of funny cybertruck review from Doug DeMuro. And a remarkably fitting intro about the car:

"... It looks absolutely insane, It has insane performance, It comes from a company run by an insane person ... "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDkzm_LR0Co
Not going to sit and watch a 40 min review video.. Care to summarize.
Its just a review and intro to the car. The best part l quoted above. The 2nd best part is the owner of this one ripped out the rearview mirror from his brand new $80k car because it was useless. The 3rd best part is DeMuro's commentary that nobody is going to use this is as a truck, so all of the truck related specs (payload, towing, etc.) are totally superfluous.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Cybertruck [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To me, the cyber truck almost seems like a completely impractical display of what you can do with an EV.

I'm a truck guy, and actually use one for work. I'd never buy a CT. But it's hard to deny it's a pretty ground breaking vehicle in a lot of ways.

It looks like what would happen if you let a four year old with a wild imagination design a vehicle. "Im going to make it bullet proof! Just because!!" But in a sense that's the motivation of why musk does many of the things he does: because he thinks it's cool.

I don't expect the CT to be a success. But the auto industry and consumers in general seem to benefit from having a crazy person pushing the envelope and dragging the rest of the industry along with him.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Cybertruck [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I don't expect the CT to be a success. But the auto industry and consumers in general seem to benefit from having a crazy person pushing the envelope and dragging the rest of the industry along with him.

Good point. I think the same could be said about tesla, the company in general. Not all their stuff is good, but they have pushed the EV envelope. I just wish Elon could be 'crazy' in a more benign way, instead of being a big A-hole ... but, such is life.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The CT is a great niche vehicle for a company. It is expensive, has lots of quirks, it has bold styling (I do like the looks, while not good looking, it is not boring in any way), etc.

Just a fantastic vehicle if you are only planning on selling in the max, tens of thousands a year.

It is not a great vehicle if the plan is to sell hundreds of thousands.

They should figure out how they could make a normal truck and SUV using as much of the platform as possible. Then they would sell in the hundreds of thousands a year.
Quote Reply
Re: Cybertruck [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find all of these delightful

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

I have not heard, what the cause of the accelerator pedal cover sliding off was (i know the fix is they are riveting it on). Why that did not have a mechanical attachment to begin with simply blows my mind. Hell floor mats now have mechanical attachments.

I would bet the adhesive was cheaper. And definitely cheaper than the adhesive and a mechanical fastener.

Tesla is really really really focused on cost and does some really wonderful engineering in that respect. But they just need to know when to knock it back a notch. Like not being able to open the rear doors if power is lost on the 3 and the Y. On the S and X you can open them, but you need to tear up carpet. Or getting rid of turn signal stalks.
Quote Reply
Re: Cybertruck [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

seen on my lunch errand today. really is quite the people magnet (myself included). stands out dramatically in a sea of "normal" cars.
Quote Reply
Re: Cybertruck [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
I find all of these delightful

Yeah this one especially is priceless.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Cybertruck [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not everything attracts attention for good reasons. But I'll admit the glossy black is much better than the bare metal. Still ugly, but not as ugly.
Quote Reply
Re: Cybertruck [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Not everything attracts attention for good reasons. But I'll admit the glossy black is much better than the bare metal. Still ugly, but not as ugly.

I've seen quite a few. Still haven't seen one being used as a truck. All single occupant, all nothing visible in the bed.

I'm sorry, Tesla stans, you lose your "green card" if driving your 3.5 ton EV when your 2-ton EV would do just fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Cybertruck [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, it doesn't attract my attention because I think it's good looking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
To me, the cyber truck almost seems like a completely impractical display of what you can do with an EV.

I'm a truck guy, and actually use one for work. I'd never buy a CT. But it's hard to deny it's a pretty ground breaking vehicle in a lot of ways.

It looks like what would happen if you let a four year old with a wild imagination design a vehicle. "Im going to make it bullet proof! Just because!!" But in a sense that's the motivation of why musk does many of the things he does: because he thinks it's cool.

I think it is easier to understand the design philosophy behind the CT when you realize it was the product of a ketamine fueled bender Elon was on. The next morning he handed some flunky a crude drawing of the CT and said "make this happen". He never thought it would actually get made.

Trieatalot

It's a C minus world.
Quote Reply
Re: Cybertruck [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, or kind of horrifying? You decide.

Sticking Your Finger In A Tesla Cybertruck's Frunk Is Still A Bad Idea: maybe don't trust something Elon Musk built with one of your apendages.
https://jalopnik.com/...oes-about-1851452764

--
Quote Reply

Prev Next