Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

determining value of used rim brake p5
Quote | Reply

I've been looking for this bike for a while, and found one on marketplace. It's a 2018 P5 Ultegra Di2 in excellent condition. I want to offer a fair price. Comes with HED Jets I think, though I'd happily make an offer without the wheels. I had a number in mind, but its vastly different than the sellers. Curious what ST thinks.
Quote Reply
Re: determining value of used rim brake p5 [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

This is a good start:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ing=cervelo#p8105102

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been looking for bikes as well. I can't really find a trend in pricing. I can find old P2/3's going for 4k and then a P5-6 going to 2k. From what I am seeing, the pricing in the thread linked above are a bit low for average pricing that I have found (though if wait long enough those deals do come around). Most older P5-6's seem to be around 2.5-3k (that doesn't mean I haven't seen a couple for around 2k but it is more rare). I'd think a 2018 P5, electronic shifting, premium wheels (I'll consider the HED's as premium since they aren't training box rims but not "race wheels") in good/great condition would be around 3-4k. Maybe toward the higher end if it comes with a power meter, hydration system, saddle, set of training rims.

Here is a recently sold P5 on ebay. $3k but with just training wheels. Add in premium wheels or maybe deep front with a disc wheel and it could be closer to 4k. $3k P5 48cm

And here is a old P3 that sold for $3.3k. Mechanical shifting, tubular race wheels. why did someone purchase this bike for over 3k?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a used 2017 P3 with mechanical ultegra in near perfect conditions Sep 2022 for CAD$2200. Now we are in 2024. I would expect a used P5 with rim brakes and regular wheels for training goes in the same range. Add a bit for the Di2. Drop some value due to it being a rim brake bike as everyone is buying disc brake now.
Quote Reply