Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [velorunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velorunner wrote:
It looked like Marquart had a stacked double bottle BTA setup in Singapore, but I'm not sure how.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6RXJU8t7qa/

He's got both bottles angled down, though. Mine would leak all over everything.

He was afraid to be thirsty

2 bottles between the arms
A bottle holder on the back
A round bottle on the frame
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on how you do it... these two seem like they are doing it right accodring to the eyeball windtunnel.
I think you need three things:
a) close the space between the aero bar extensions.
b) high hands
c) place the bottle so that it closes the gap between the head and the hands and so it directs air around the chest cavity, these guys are almost resting their chin on top of the bottle.

Jim@EROsports wrote:
marcag wrote:
timbasile wrote:

2 - I'm trying replicate the effects of a bottle down the jersey by putting the 2nd bottle (if I can) in a similar position, if I feel that the setup is safe

I wonder if anyone has tested this to be equivalent. I tried once and it wasn',t but it 1 person in the A2 tunnel.

Right with you in this. Everyone is completely misunderstanding the airflow of having a bottle down the front of the kit and just swinging at windmills with bta’s. Silly.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G. Belson wrote:
Depends on how you do it... these two seem like they are doing it right accodring to the eyeball windtunnel.
I think you need three things:
a) close the space between the aero bar extensions.
b) high hands
c) place the bottle so that it closes the gap between the head and the hands and so it directs air around the chest cavity, these guys are almost resting their chin on top of the bottle.

How would this be different than simple high hands, narrow pads, completely blocking the chest area ?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither of those would replicate the airflow of a bottle down the kit. Doesn't mean they don't help aerodynamically, but not in the same way, which was my point.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my setup. First race with this was St Anthony's and it held up to the brick road section and some bumpy streets. May go with carbon tubes at some point, so it's all matchy matchy.

Long M5 button-head hex bolts (~170mm for this setup) down into the threaded portions of the TR dragonfly - with an outer aluminum tube off Amazon with inner diameter of 5mm. Used a washer/bolt combo at the bottom of each one (underneath the dragonfly), to give it some extra staying power.

Single bottle for now. May mock up a platform to do a double-bottle using a metal plate, no angled spacers needed since already flat.

Critiques and recommended changes are welcome!
Last edited by: mrfreeze: May 6, 24 18:50
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do we feel about this setup Jim? Thinking with some extra long rear facing bottles I can basically fill the entire area between my crotch and bars ;)

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile @ Ironman HQ

realbdeal wrote:
How do we feel about this setup Jim? Thinking with some extra long rear facing bottles I can basically fill the entire area between my crotch and bars ;)

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:

I'm just imaging all the sticky spray showering out of that nonstop while you ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe Skipper would be proud of you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:

love the battle scars on that rig!

also, looks like the bottom red bottle could scoot forward toward the riser and you could go another one behind it - turning the bike is optional! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Neither of those would replicate the airflow of a bottle down the kit. Doesn't mean they don't help aerodynamically, but not in the same way, which was my point.

Curious as to why this is the case. Is it because the tri/skin suit smoothens the flow around the water bottle as opposed to the water bottle outside the suit in spite of being (assuming) in the same vertical position and touching the rider's chest?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hows your bike handling??? This is going to lead to alot of issues with people trying to do this and adding additional weight where it isn't designed for. You can argue it's designed for your body weight, but you can shift that when needed, a bottle is fixed and sloshing water inside. i can only see this going badly with water loading like this to add a small aero gain and putting peoples safety at risk.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
Hows your bike handling??? This is going to lead to alot of issues with people trying to do this and adding additional weight where it isn't designed for. You can argue it's designed for your body weight, but you can shift that when needed, a bottle is fixed and sloshing water inside. i can only see this going badly with water loading like this to add a small aero gain and putting peoples safety at risk.
not sure if this was a question for me or someone else, but the handling on my bike is good. With the single bottle, I hardly notice it. There is more change in the handling dynamics going to the tririg scoops, than adding the bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [mrfreeze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry was meant for Real Beal since he has 4 water bottles as bta.

1 is normal and standard up to 1 liter(profile design, etc) is ok. but 2 liters on stem/aerobar is alot.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
Well I figured if each of my rear facing was one of these tall boys, then my weight distribution would be back to normal.

To be clear, I have no intention to run this setup. Was just screwing around while my baby was napping. Although if I were to be on a very flat course with very little turning, something like Cozumel, running those extra long bottles empty might be amazing at high yaw. Just a joke for now though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The irony isn't whether BDeal runs it or not. The irony is that with Mortal replacing Gatorade and the jersey bottle ban, the actual fastest setup for most courses is something like this. Dangerous, reckless, ugly, legal.

IM banned the jersey bottle to keep an image of "cool triathletes" that never existed. They'll get triathlon bikes that are nearly unrideable.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

I'm just imaging all the sticky spray showering out of that nonstop while you ride!
As well as the bottles!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Plumb wrote:
not sure if everyone is overthinking this or not, I didn't have an issue mounting it on my gen 2 SC. Turn it upside down then you have a variety of holes to choose from to attach to the Bontrager mount, then the bottom of the wedge you have a variety of holes to choose from to attach to the stand.

Follow up question for your setup: are you using any wedges to angle the scoops beyond the 15 degree or so incline offered by the gen 2 Speed concept? I tend to grip my ski bars at the shifters so I'd want another 10 or 15 degrees.

Tririg does make an incline spacer kit but I'm not sure if it's 100% compatible with the scoops.

https://tririg.com/...riant=44047757148406
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig BTA Riser - Is this Proprietary to TriRig bikes? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the one youre asking, but the angled spacers are absolutely compatible with the Scoops. The issue is that for standard scoops (not Scoops Ultimate or any other one piece extension), you're only able to tilt the arm cups themselves. So you'd be able to add 15 degrees to your armpads but then your hands would be way over your bar ends and shifters. On bikes with standard 22.2mm extensions, you just run high rise extensions to create this 'fake' tilt. On Speed Concepts, that's not possible unless you happen to have the adapter.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the clarification on the compatibility. Though unless my math is off, the 10° spacers should have me exactly what I need since my arm bars have an angle of 12° and my current setup has me gripping the shifters at about 22-25° (pinky to elbow) - I'd just be angling the scoops closer to what I'm doing already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no not using any wedges for the cups. Bolting them right to the wings has the angle about right for me. I would like to try to get a bit more reach and angle to the bar though, both are maxed out. Saw in an earlier post about turning the cradle that the extension bolts too around opposite that you can get 1-2cm more reach and bit more angle tilt so thinking about trying that.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply

Prev Next