Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon with trail run?
Quote | Reply
A much as possible, I now run on trails & soft surface (age catches up with all of us at some point). Any recommendations for triathlons with trail runs? With the miles I now run weekly, I'd be interested in races with runs of 10 miles or less. I bought a gravel bike last year, but I haven't done a gravel bike race or triathlon. Any recommendations for a first gravel tri?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon with trail run? [DrK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xterra New Jersey allows both gravel and mountain bikes.

Sea to Summit in New Hampshire has a hike to the top of Mt. Washington instead of a traditional "run".

Ugly Dog in Michigan.

There is a whole series of USAT gravel triathlons, I'm not familiar with all the races but I'm sure the info is easy to find.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The run @ Harvest in MA (mid-June) is a trail (sand) run
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Delta Lake in upstate NY has a run with most of it on trails. (at least it did last time I raced)

If the American Zofingen duathlon is still around - it was 100% trails.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may be helpful for us to know what part of the earth you plan to race in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USAT has a gravel series, so check that out. If in the midwest, Tri4 Health puts on a number in Michigan. My favorite race has been the Dirty Mitten, which this year is the National Championship race.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon with trail run? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in NC, but retired & enjoy traveling in our RV, so I'm up for a road trip to races almost anywhere in the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you wanted an international race, Challenge Wānaka's run leg is on trails. Beautiful race too.
Quote Reply