Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How do we shut him up? [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not in the english language press. When I lived in Italy, while all this was going on, there was speculation. His turn around from overweight constantly dropped rider to TDF winner was beyond a sudden change. Here his story is now epic, but was perceived differently overseas.
Quote Reply
Re: How do we shut him up? [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

After reading Mr LeMond's blog article "Bravo to the new generation" which concerned me personally, I felt compelled to compose an appropriate response in order to clarify a few of the issues presented in his letter:

- I have never met Erwann Mentheour, nor had any kind of relationship with him, as resulted and documented in the proceedings of my Court Trial, during which the issue of Mentheour was actually dismissed already in the preliminary phase and archived as completely unfounded.
Moreover, the same Mentheour never declared in front of Judicial Authority that the “dottore” was in fact Michele Ferrari.
His "Veritč sur le dopage" is rich of fanciful lies such as the one of the “solcinella” potion, which Greg LeMond actually reports about in inaccurate and slanted fashion.

- I have never coached more than twenty professional cyclists at the same time. In recent years, less than half of that.

- It is not true that the athletes paid for my services with a percentage of their salary: it is a false legend, originated from the so-called "Dossier Donati".
Such a document is a collection of anonymous confidentialities on doping in sports, rapidly dismissed and archived by both Sport and Ordinary Justice due to total lack of verification/confirmation: in other words, nothing more than a festival of “it is said” and a triumphant display of “it seems”.

It is probably from this dossier that Greg Lemond drew the “rumours” and quotes the numerous “it was saids” in his letter.

But what Greg does not know, or pretends not to know, is that one of such “confidants” actually clearly mentions his name and that of his doctor in relation to doping events.

- It is absolutely false that cyclists contacted me for doping programs: some came to me at first with such request, but never came back twice.
For 30 years I have been developing my coaching methods and organizing training programs for top-level cyclists, and have been pretty good at that, if we consider that so many utilize my evaluation protocols and copy my work methods.
Sure, doping has always been rooted in the world of sports and cycling in particular; from my part, I have always tried to dissuade, proposing legal and efficient alternatives: training, nutrition, altitude.

- Finally, Greg LeMond evokes the deaths of "many cyclists" and deviously associates them to doctor-patient relationships within the peloton.
I call upon the courageous Greg to name any name.

What is certain is that none of the athletes I coached ever died, nor had any “sudden illness”, be it daytime or nighttime.

Unfortunately, sudden deaths among sportsmen have always existed, as among common people, and have too often been instrumentally assimilated to doping.

Dr. Michele Ferrari
Quote Reply
Re: How do we shut him up? [tridoc3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O.k. lets see, who really started this feud between Greg and Lance. When it came out that Lance was seeing Dr. Ferarri, Greg stated that is was disappointing but didn't accuse Lance of cheating. Lance was the one that started this crap. Nobody has ever accused Greg of cheating but Lance failed a drug test in 99 and then came back with a prescription for ass cream(he didn't tell anyone that he was taking the cream before he failed the test even though it had steroids in it and he should have known better). Sworn testimony by Frankie's wife, not for money but because she was under oath. Personal emails between former teammates of Lance talking about EPO and that Lance told them that every team had a doping system, they were also joking about George H. going from a classics racer to a climber, also talking about Lance and Johaan withholding blood from Floyd because they were pissed at him. Of course there is the 6 EPO positives that came out a couple years ago. I thought Lance was untouchable but this could get good.

'STICK EM UP PUNK ITS THE FUN LOVING CRIMINAL'
Quote Reply
Re: How do we shut him up? [thesnail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm.... 1989 -Greg's famous "iron" shots he recieved at teh Giro(?), a 58 sec drubbing of Fignon over a 15 mile TT course (?), fastest TT in history (34MPH) in spite of superior technology today(?), all after being shot, having 37 lead pellets in his body and other riders doping (so he says). Curious....
Quote Reply
Re: How do we shut him up? [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but Lemond actually IS that one in a million guy, gosh-darnit, and nobody else could have possibly won the tour de france clean by beating admitted dopers (Fignon, Chiapucci etc) except for "the chosen one," the true "greatest comeback," Greg Lemond himself. Even Eddie Merckx was busted 3 times for doping, was kicked out of the Giro once for it, and Lance of course couldn't have been so dominant without help. So Greg must be, in fact, the greatest cyclist to ever live on the earth. Just ask him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hmm.... 1989 -Greg's famous "iron" shots he recieved at teh Giro(?), a 58 sec drubbing of Fignon over a 15 mile TT course (?), fastest TT in history (34MPH) in spite of superior technology today(?), all after being shot, having 37 lead pellets in his body and other riders doping (so he says). Curious....

You seem to have uncovered more evidence about Lemond than Armstrong's entire 'team' could.
Maybe you should call Lance - you would be pretty useful to him right now.

However, the facts are

- The course was downhill
- The riders had a tailwind
- Lemond used tt bars & helmet & Fignon didn't.

There are plenty of studies around that show how much advantage the bars & helmet are worth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the timing of LeMond's accusations towards Lance coincide with the timing of when Trek dropped LeMond bikes from their line?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
fastest TT in history (34MPH)

Are you sure about that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We all have bias, however, my bias is based on the research I've performed to substantiate my own conclusions…..The other side of the ether screen usually provides objective, independent, 3rd party rebuttal. This is well published and practiced in assisting vulnerable populations achieving bloodless surgery. Oral iron alone will raise serum hemoglobin 1g/dl per week. Hemoglobin is even more responsive to intravenous iron in raising serum hemoglobin. That equates to 4 g/dl prior to the 1989 French tour. So chapeau Otto, as he knew exactly what he was doing without a medical doctorate! EPO can synergistically assist in achieving close to 2 g/dl when coupled with IV iron. B12 & Folate are other additions, which have an additive effect. Every great OR demands a greater counterpart.
Quote Reply
Re: How do we shut him up? [madhatter!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
madhatter! wrote:
That's an excellent point. From my understanding, iron-deficient anemia can take months to turn around, IV or non.

Still: I think everyone here knows he's a jackass. :)

Recent iron deficient animic here, found out after an absolutely terrible series of races that I had a ferritin lvl of 5.

Can confirm, 4 months later and only now can I work out at full capacity again. No IV though, that probably would have sped things up. But not THAT fast.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: How do we shut him up? [FHauf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Resurrecting a 13 yr old thread. Chapeau!
Quote Reply
Re: How do we shut him up? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of all the current personalities that should STFU, I never expected to go back to 2010 vintage LeMond

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: How do we shut him up? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Of all the current personalities that should STFU, I never expected to go back to 2010 vintage LeMond

I was waiting for LeMond to talk about all his rivals who were doping while he was a pro. Still waiting.
Quote Reply
Re: How do we shut him up? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Resurrecting a 13 yr old thread. Chapeau!

13 more years passed and he hasn't explained his magical Vitamin B shot
Quote Reply

Prev Next