Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 3T bikes [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
The new EVOC Road Pro bag is fantasic... nothing other than the wheels need to be removed.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe time to sell my 10yo EVOC and get a new bag. Provided we're ever allowed to fly anywhere again.... :-(
Quote Reply
Re: 3T bikes [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gerard wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Question for you: how does the new Explore compare to a purpose-built aero bike in the tunnel (assuming the same wheels, same bar, and a bottle on the DT)? What sort of an aero hit would we be talking about? 5 watts? 10 watts?

Well, normally I would have the answer. But while we have tested most individual aero solutions that you find on the RaceMax, our final test sessions were supposed to happen in March and got cancelled for obvious reasons. So I don't have the final numbers yet, as soon as we do we'll share them.

I look forward to them :) Btw is there any way to route the front brake hose through the stem top cap? I was really hoping the new Exploro would hide the front brake cable. Also, any chance you'll offer this bike as a "paint ready" frame?
Quote Reply
Re: 3T bikes [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
true. good point. I mean, I'm a rare case. I have to use a -25 stem on the Strada and on pretty all but H1 geometry Treks.... long arms. so 5mm higher for me is pretty damn high. but for most normal/short armed people, it's a 'race' bike

Curious what that looks like, with you on it... slowyear so we can use another "critique my fit" thread.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T bikes [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
true. good point. I mean, I'm a rare case. I have to use a -25 stem on the Strada and on pretty all but H1 geometry Treks.... long arms. so 5mm higher for me is pretty damn high. but for most normal/short armed people, it's a 'race' bike

Curious what that looks like, with you on it... slowyear so we can use another "critique my fit" thread.

it looks like WATTS

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 3T bikes [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Andres wrote:
milesthedog wrote:

it looks like WATTS

Post it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bringing this back from the dead.
Had an exploro (got stolen) and i can say it was the best bike i've ever had, maybe it just fit me right but race that thing in gravel, road and even urban crits and it was perfect.
Now looking at a strada and can't find anywhere how they fit.
I was on a LG/56 exploro but looking at the site they (3T) says a MD should work but the longest seatpost spec is even too short on a LG bike. I ususally run 75-77 cm center-BB to Center sadle-rails (run 175 cranks) and it looks like if i get a longer LG seatpost i should work but...sorry for chiming in late to the partay.
mh
Quote Reply
Re: 3T bikes [mackdhagen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got an exploro 6 months back. I love it. Put some new tubeless zipp 303 firecrests on there and it’s amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gerard wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Internally routed front cables seem like they would make the bike a pain to pack into a bike box.

Depends on the box of course. For example, I use the Scicon AeroComfort and you only have to remove the wheels, nothing else. Saddle/seatpost stays on, stem/handlebar stay on, don't even turn it. So that makes travel with the bike (even with a seat mast) a lot easier.

Now that this thread is revived, it's funny that I ended up buy an Exploro Racemax at the start of 2021.
Flew with it in my old EVOC bag without issues.
What an amazing bike.
Except for the seatpost, which sometimes had slippage even at the correct clamp torque. Some grip tape on the bottom of the post solved that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mackdhagen wrote:
Bringing this back from the dead.
Now looking at a strada and can't find anywhere how they fit.
I was on a LG/56 exploro but looking at the site they (3T) says a MD should work but the longest seatpost spec is even too short on a LG bike. I ususally run 75-77 cm center-BB to Center sadle-rails (run 175 cranks) and it looks like if i get a longer LG seatpost i should work but...sorry for chiming in late to the partay.
mh

You'd definitely need to be Large for the Strada. The generic size indications on the site are for people not wanting to look any further, but since you have saddle height and your experience from the Exploro, there's no doubt. L it is. Only downside, will be tough to find one until the spring, universally sold out of the Strada.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gerard wrote:
You'd definitely need to be Large for the Strada. The generic size indications on the site are for people not wanting to look any further, but since you have saddle height and your experience from the Exploro, there's no doubt. L it is. Only downside, will be tough to find one until the spring, universally sold out of the Strada.

Glad I found mine when there was a bananas deal on them in Pro's Closet! Someone at 3T dropped the ball on that one. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the Exploro and Strada in size L. I can't imagine a scenario where I'd size down on the Strada vs Exploro so if you were happy with your fit on the Exploro I'd go with the same size for sure.

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all (especially G...honor) I guess on the site its just confusing because i'm 5'11 on a good day (but long legs) and the TT measurement is close to a 56 (i think its 55cm)...i'll keep looking for a LG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Gerard,
I love my Racemax, been on it for 2 years and it's wicked fast. Can you advise on dimensions of the lower headset bearing? It's IS 47/38 on the website but the angled parts are unique I believe. I do not think it's a 45/45 like the Giant OD2 road bearing for instance. I can only find the bearing available as part of the entire headset package for way too much $ on the 3T site, but do you know where I could find just the lower bearing for purchase?
Quote Reply

Prev Next