Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wanting to put longer stem on Canyon Speedmax CF 8 disc
Quote | Reply
I’d like to get a little more length than the 80 mm v21 medium aeropost stem provides.

Seeing as how canyon doesn’t have anything else in stock right now, I’m trying to find some alternatives, even if it won’t look quite as sexy for now.

Does anyone know if I can put a traditional stem on that was 1 1/8th steerer and -17 degree and have secure mount? Or is that asking for trouble?

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Wanting to put longer stem on Canyon Speedmax CF 8 disc [MergeMultisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're fine. Add a Profile Design 1/Seventeen stem plus the HSF Aeria Faceplate and you'll be able to run the Aeria Hydration bottle. Works great and makes your bike more aero.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Wanting to put longer stem on Canyon Speedmax CF 8 disc [MergeMultisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steerer is standard diameter and round so you can use any stem. I used a Flatforce 111 to get both longer and lower.

Only thing of note: the expander and topcap use a smaller diameter screw thread/head than any other I've ever seen. So if you want to use a standard cap, swap the expander. I kept the Canyon cap for now and think it looks semi-blended with the bento box.

Have an FSA ACR expander on order to see if I can integrate the front brake hose and may swap the top cap then.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/oQXJzmG
Quote Reply
Re: Wanting to put longer stem on Canyon Speedmax CF 8 disc [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What bento is that?

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Wanting to put longer stem on Canyon Speedmax CF 8 disc [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The OE bento that is behind the stem comes in two heights. The lower one is "Canyon GP0220-01 Speedmax Bento Box Low"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm running a 100mm Tririg Sigma X stem on my CF8. I bought the low rise Bento and took out all the spacers and it now looks like this...
Last edited by: wombat4246: Dec 16, 21 18:10
Quote Reply
Re: Wanting to put longer stem on Canyon Speedmax CF 8 disc [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Steerer is standard diameter and round so you can use any stem. I used a Flatforce 111 to get both longer and lower.

Only thing of note: the expander and topcap use a smaller diameter screw thread/head than any other I've ever seen. So if you want to use a standard cap, swap the expander. I kept the Canyon cap for now and think it looks semi-blended with the bento box.

Have an FSA ACR expander on order to see if I can integrate the front brake hose and may swap the top cap then.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/oQXJzmG

Apologies for the thread dig - keen to know how you got on with the ACR expander, and if it was possible to route the front brake line down the steerer?

I already have that expander and the complete PD Aeria Ultimate bar/stem setup - keen to know how those parts may be able to work with the Speedmax CF Disc for a tidy front end? Currently weighing up between the Canyon and the Cervelo P-Series...
Last edited by: justdofit: Jan 30, 24 16:58
Quote Reply
Re: Wanting to put longer stem on Canyon Speedmax CF 8 disc [justdofit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to do the steerer cable routing on a Speedmax CF Disc but there was no path through. I don't know if that was manufacturing error (looked like a blob of filler) or standard.
Quote Reply
Re: Wanting to put longer stem on Canyon Speedmax CF 8 disc [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
I tried to do the steerer cable routing on a Speedmax CF Disc but there was no path through. I don't know if that was manufacturing error (looked like a blob of filler) or standard.

Thankyou - that's good to know.
Quote Reply
Re: Wanting to put longer stem on Canyon Speedmax CF 8 disc [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is the same. I emailed support at the time and they confirmed there is no path through, so it's not an error.
Quote Reply