Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Guitar peeps [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Sweeney wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:
So I have learnt something that may impact my ability to play bar chords.

My thumb when "straight" actually bends backwards like hitchhikers thumb - it's a thing and it makes playing bar chords difficult. However, if I use the joint of my thumb rather than the thumb pad it's works much better

It's taken weeks to figure this out.

I think everyone's thumb faces backwards. I also think we all have to make things work with the mechanics of our own hands. What's right for me might not be right for thee.

However, when I tried to use the joint of my thumb for a barre F chord or any chord, it collapsed my hand onto the fretboard. I almost always use the pad of my thumb for leverage.

You have to practice it Every Day, even if it's just for a few minutes. Keep at it and you'll get it.

I don't like this answer. Just tell me how to do it right now!

Can you find the Ozempic of guitar playing so I can just move on?

OK, I've got a good one for you.............''White Rabbit''!

It starts out with you just banging out a marching rhythm sliding between an F+ and G barre chords. It will let you get the feel and focus on getting you fingers into a good position without really changing the fingering. And it's a really good solo acoustic song.

I like to introduce it by saying ''There once was a little folk music band in San Francisco..............then they all did LSD and wrote this song, then launch into the rhythm. Everyone knows it but most can't remember where it comes from. There is also a solo in there and there's a Youtube lesson for that. Once I start to sing, everyone gets it.

Try it, good luck and have fun!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply

Prev Next