Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rudy Project Wing size question
Quote | Reply
Question for those with experience with the wing>. I got the Wing in size S-M (as all of my helmets have always been medium) and it feels snug at the ears. I read that this may be the case but I was wondering if someone could tell me their experience. As I sit at my computer typing for the past 20 minutes, it's feels a more comfortable but I'm not sure how this would feel after 5 hours.

I remeasured my head and it looks like I'm an in-betweener. My head is 22 7/8" (22.875") around. Per their site, small- medium is up to 22.8" and large starts at 23.2". Does that mean I can go both sizes or is the large too big?

Thinking of purchasing the larger one also and deciding upon fit.

Thanks for any input!
Last edited by: Old lungs: Nov 28, 22 11:58
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing size question [Old lungs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same scenario as you. All my helmets are a M and I've had a few Rudy helmets in M. It was very uncomfortable on my ears. I ended up selling it on the ST classifieds as I was way past my return window by the time I tried it.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing size question [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you end up going with?

My Giro Aerohead MIPS shield causes my ears to hurt like hell about 4 hours into the ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smith Jetstream.

I also have an Oakley ARO7.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Nov 28, 22 13:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same as you, I was on the bubble between sizes. I could fit into a S/M but it was just too tight on my ears and made getting it on a pain. I exchanged it for a L and just use the dial to tighten it once it's in place. So much more comfortable.

BTW, I love the helmet!
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project Wing size question [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Posting here as I also struggled hugely with sizing for The Wing so hoped my experience could help some people.

I initially went with the larger size as I was on the cusp between sizes (or so I thought) and read a lot of commentary suggesting a very snug fit.

After taking delivery of the large, I was rattling around in it a lot and it was certainly too big. Exchanged for the S/M and while it’s a squeeze to pull on over my ears, once seated it’s snug and comfy.

For reference on the road I wear a size M S-Works Evade (55-59cm).

PS - anyone wondering about how hot it gets, I was absolutely fine during Muscat 70.3 recently which clocked temps of around 26° as the bike got going. It’s a great helmet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dito! I usually wear a S/M Rudy Project helmets. The Wing was hurting my ears pretty badly. I ended up sending it back and exchanging it for a Boost.
Quote Reply