Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Maybe a silly question: cats and training indoors [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
If you don't have a chilled out cat like mine was, you could put a box or a laundry basket in the corner of the room and they would just sit in it and watch you.

... or ignore you, either way

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Jan 15, 24 9:25
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe a silly question: cats and training indoors [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, thank you for all the responses. And answering to today’s reply although it has been deleted… , no, finally I didn’t get a cat. The risk of getting cat’s hair in the electronics and ventilations of the equipment made me think it twice. So no cat for the family for now.

STRAVA INSTAGRAM
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe a silly question: cats and training indoors [Dr. Triax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Maybe a silly question: cats and training indoors [Dr. Triax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Triax wrote:
Well, thank you for all the responses. And answering to today’s reply although it has been deleted… , no, finally I didn’t get a cat. The risk of getting cat’s hair in the electronics and ventilations of the equipment made me think it twice. So no cat for the family for now.

this makes me sad! if you have a dedicated space, it shouldn't be a concern. I use my basement and no one (including my husband) is allowed down there when I'm on my bike. My cat who likes the basement sees trainer time as an opportunity for mischief and to knock shit off of shelves. But she's a solid strength coach, helping me count reps and making sure I take the correct rest intervals.

I really don't have an issue with cat hair accumulating on things and causing issues. Even in the rest of my house where the 3 house panthers freely roam.
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe a silly question: cats and training indoors [mountain_erin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mountain_erin wrote:
... where the 3 house panthers freely roam.

See ... she knows what my cat is talking about

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my cat comes down into the basement to do his business, gives me a bored look, and wanders off to find someplace more entertaining. He likes to do laps of either the main floor or the stairwell for crazy hour, so he understands how training works ;-)

Never had a problem with cat or dog hair in any of my training or other equipment..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Triax wrote:
The risk of getting cat’s hair in the electronics and ventilations of the equipment made me think it twice. So no cat for the family for now.
We've two cats at the moment. At our max capacity over the past 20yrs we had five.
And that's with two trainers/bikes set up year round.

There is a non-0% chance something could go wrong, somewhere, sometime, and it could be cat hair-related.
But, IME: very very unlikely. And the joy & love cats offer > tri/bike things.

We've so many friends with similar set-ups (multiple cats, multiple bikes/trainers).
Not getting cats? The FOMO should be overwhelming.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply

Prev Next