Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriBike Transport AirTags Policy [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Thought it was a good time to resurrect this 🙄

I'll throw in some context to get the natives restless...
With 180 bikes being held “hostage,” Ironman steps in to help athletes get bikes from TriBike Transport - Triathlon Magazine Canada
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport AirTags Policy [just jack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just jack wrote:
I can partially understand where they are coming from:

Bad actor contracts to have tracker equipped bike transported
Tracks bike while en route
Steals the shipment of high end bikes based on location derived from tracker

Personally, I'd watch that movie. I don't feel like it would do well at the box office though.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport AirTags Policy [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
just jack wrote:
I can partially understand where they are coming from:

Bad actor contracts to have tracker equipped bike transported
Tracks bike while en route
Steals the shipment of high end bikes based on location derived from tracker

Personally, I'd watch that movie. I don't feel like it would do well at the box office though.

Maybe if they get a good actor, it will work ;)
I'm thinking Liam Neeson, Taken.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport AirTags Policy [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
They have had their truck stolen 1x in the past I know of. They only offer you $1000 insurance.

You want me to remove my AirTag then cover the complete value of my bike. Otherwise it’s my property and I will protect it as I see fit.

Hell if I sold a bike I’d hide an AirTag in it to make sure the person received it. The best $30 you would ever spend.

I have one in each bike. In my car and always in my luggage

Do you need to have an Apple phone for the air tags to work? And also do you need someone with an Apple phone to be close to the air tag for it to work? My understanding is that you could have an air tag in your bike box but it wouldn't be activated unless an airport worker had an apple phone close by. Is that true? And what can you use if you have a Samsung phone?

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport AirTags Policy [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Francois wrote:
Thought it was a good time to resurrect this 🙄

I'll throw in some context to get the natives restless...
With 180 bikes being held “hostage,” Ironman steps in to help athletes get bikes from TriBike Transport - Triathlon Magazine Canada

That clears things up a bit. Slimy.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport AirTags Policy [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats my understanding regarding air tags. I've been using Tiles in my luggage for years and they seem to work well. They're essentially the same thing, they're just not native to iOS.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport AirTags Policy [erbrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re how they work, I am on Samsung, but my wife is a deviant with Apple stuff. So we've got Airtags in all our suitcases. Means that she can find any bag through her iPhone. And as you say, the Airtags just need the bag to be vaguely near any iPhone in the world. So if no-one in your immediate family has one, they aren't useful as you can't find your thing without an iPhone. But, when I am travelling alone, then if the bag is late from the carousel then my wife will just send me an update by whatsapp as to where it is.

There are tile (phone agnostic) and Samsung tags, but both of those are more 'opt in' and so have way way less phones globally looking for your 'thing'.

The only downside of the airtags if you don't have an iPhone is that they make a beeping noise once every 24 hours when nudged to let you know someone is tracking you. Initially it's annoying until you realise to just move the bag out the way of where you may kick it as you walk past.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport AirTags Policy [erbrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
erbrown wrote:
Thats my understanding regarding air tags. I've been using Tiles in my luggage for years and they seem to work well. They're essentially the same thing, they're just not native to iOS.

This.

I have a tile in my suitcase and it works great.
Quote Reply

Prev Next