Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone here has successfully attached a BTA bottle cage to the Speedmax SLX/CFR monobar? I want to have a bottle of nutrition in front of me that I can refill but want to retain water only in the built in bladder. Basically I can refill at the water stations and top up with concentrated tailwind. This is over an Ironman Bike leg. My plan is to limit the amount of liquid I need to carry, so just water in the bladder that can be topped up, and water in this BTA that I can top up at stations and concentrated Tailwind. My aero bottle would be all I carry on the frame and it would hold my concentrate. Hoping someone has figured out a way to bodge it
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [donryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking at drag2zero’s bta mount:

https://drag2zero.co.uk/...ests/?v=7516fd43adaa

However, it looks so simple I’m thinking just designing in Fusion 360 and printing. If I do, I’ll post an update here. Canyon was out of the Garmin mount for so long that I did a very basic one that works just fine.
Last edited by: kilo_dave: Jun 30, 23 10:33
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [kilo_dave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kyle Smith had one at PTO Ibiza, but I don’t know how he did it. I’m also interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used some extra spacers from the monobar and longer screws and just screwed them into the part that holds the extension into the monobar. Doesn’t fit right into the bottle holes because they’re too close together and I’m sure it’s not a great idea but so far seems to work okay. I also 3d printed a spacer to shove in there and give some more support.

Can get some more detailed pics later if anyone wants something specific let me know.

I originally wanted to print something but didn't have time before my race so if anyone else has a file I'd love to have a copy.
Last edited by: habbywall: Jun 30, 23 14:55
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I highly appreciate you sharing and posting pics, but I would like something more "clean", without drilling into the extension.

1. I was thinking of either putting a bottle cage onto the garmin mount (binding a bottle cage with a garmin male mount, and then simply turning it in like a garmin device). But it's too far forward for my taste.
2. Alternatively, I think a solution that would go on top of the monobar tower by simply using the holes for two screws and extending the screws themselves.
3. The above posted d2z solution would be neat as well. something with expandable design, like a seat post screw.
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michal_CH wrote:
I highly appreciate you sharing and posting pics, but I would like something more "clean", without drilling into the extension.

1. I was thinking of either putting a bottle cage onto the garmin mount (binding a bottle cage with a garmin male mount, and then simply turning it in like a garmin device). But it's too far forward for my taste.
2. Alternatively, I think a solution that would go on top of the monobar tower by simply using the holes for two screws and extending the screws themselves.
3. The above posted d2z solution would be neat as well. something with expandable design, like a seat post screw.

Not sure where you think I drilled anything. I simply used the two existing holes in the monobar that attach the extension to the main part. Sounds like your number two above only instead of using the tower portion by using the screws further up the bar. My only concern with using the screws on the tower themselves is they seem to have some more weight bearing usage and that scares me a bit. I do like the idea of using their Garmin mount though so I may consider this as well. I have the canyon Garmin mount and may try drilling it out to attach bigger screws to it. The idea of using the quarter turn mount atttached to a bottle cage might be better as long as it’s strong enough. I’ll try it over the weekend and try and post a video here.
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have misunderstood you and your solution then. I’ll possibly give it a try.
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [Michal_CH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries, hopefully this makes it more clear, I took this photo off the canyon website and drew yellow where a longer screw is and red where the bottle cage goes. The space is not correct spacing for bottle cage screws but I'm using one of these cages(https://www.rei.com/...on-water-bottle-cage) from REI that has a longer open channel in the middle so I was just able to screw it in the big open part. I then used some of the spare monobar tower spacers and just clamped them between for some support, I put the pins in there as well so they're all aligned as well. I am a little nervous about the usage long term just due to the fact that it wasn't meant to be holding any weight, but it is on a non critical part of the bar so I'm hoping it is alright. Eventually I would like to do something different that is more foolproof.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yesterday on the Ironman Frankfurt Pro Woman there was a CFR with exactly what we are looking for and the other day on Roth the same thing in 2 men.
I contacted Radsport Ibert and they replied that they had one under study, but no date yet...
In fact we need a support with ''legs'' which are positioned under the ''Pads'' and which uses the already existing holes of the Pad supports, a support which would be close to us to leave space for the support Garmin. I think it will be difficult to place a 750ml canister, but 500 is enough.
The Canyon system in the frame tube is a good idea, but too complicated when you use anything other than water
I see exactly what is needed, but to make it in 3D or Carbon, it's not my job
Last edited by: Eltito: Jul 3, 23 0:44
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [Eltito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check this out

https://custombikepart.com/product-category/drinking-system/

its 190gr I assume without the bottle cage but with the garmin mount. Do you think this would be too heavy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping this... Has anyone tried this holder?

Any other clever solutions out there to mount a BTA and Garmin on the monobar?
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [pain_olympics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have a great system (which I'm waiting for) from the German Prints4watt. On Instagram only.
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [Eltito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eltito wrote:
You have a great system (which I'm waiting for) from the German Prints4watt. On Instagram only.

Yep. I have that one and it works great!
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you order? DM the account?
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [pain_olympics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pain_olympics wrote:
How do you order? DM the account?
Contact directly by instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pain_olympics wrote:
Bumping this... Has anyone tried this holder?

Any other clever solutions out there to mount a BTA and Garmin on the monobar?

I have the custombikepart one and it's perfect, really happy with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was your experience with the custombikepart support? Are you still happy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently saw someone with two of Canyon's GPS mounts, connected with Wolftooth's B-Rad system between them to mount the bottle. I think that's a clever solution and the one I'd go with.
Quote Reply
Attach a Bottle Cage to Speedmax SLX/CFR Monobar [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went w/ Custom Bike Part. Quick overseas ship. Easy to mount...I use Speedfil A2 bottle w/ short straw....and added a small magnet to hold the Canyon straw in place.
Quote Reply