Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PTO Milwaukee [Tribike53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can get four of your friends to ask for this nicely, we might make it happen.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Milwaukee [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
If you can get four of your friends to ask for this nicely, we might make it happen.
Yes. Please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It can be just its own "Sanders Hub" and maybe we can banish people when the inevitable thread redirection happens.

I say this as a fan of LS, too!!

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:

Make it so.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Milwaukee [Tribike53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tribike53 wrote:
kajet wrote:
It’s an academic discussion though, as Lionel won’t commit to anything for long enough. It would ruin his YouTube (if nothing else).

Doesn’t stop me from participating in the Sandersation of yet another thread 😂

I feel like ST needs a pinned Lionel thread where ppl can go and discuss him and his latest videos. I do find it annoying how many threads devolve into Lionel analysis.

Excellent suggestion. One of the best ST ideas I’ve seen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to interrupt the Lionel love fest..

Quote Reply
Re: PTO Milwaukee [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upstaterun wrote:
rrheisler wrote:

Yes. Please.

I'm in!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Milwaukee [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's weird circumstances because in the morning DL events, they had an official tell an athlete they were going to be lapped out, yet they were 2 mins from being lapped out (which is almost 2/3rd of a mile from being lapped out), only to tell an athlete to continue after sitting on side of road for up to 90s....which of course they were then lapped out. and almost caused an huge crash. There were some really good things about the weekend of races and there were some not so good things.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Milwaukee [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
He doesn't have time to go back to square one with any of his training, most especially a "swim focused" training block. 27 year old LS this would have been a no brainer decision. The cost to benefit isn't worth it at this point in his career when he's well on the "back nine" of his career. He was in a battle for 7th place off the bike. In a group of 5 and he came in last out of that group on the run. His swim puts him behind obviously, but he's strong enough to get himself back into contention. So he doesn't need to reinvent the wheel nor does he have time for that. He's at this point only about fine tuning what he is now.

Yup, after his debacle in Kona when he had someone to pace him on the swim then wore a Camelback on the bike he should have moved to Australia, got with the best swim coach down there and swam nothing but LCM or open water 10 times a week with just maintenance bike and run for a minimum of 6 months. Then he and we would have known he gave it his best shot.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Milwaukee [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s really really hard to truly go “all in” on yourself sometimes. I reminded of GJ when she quit her accounting job to have a goal to win a gold medal in itu. She uprooted her life to move to Australia and go all in on her journey. She never looked at any of it as sacrifices but as opportunities. The mind can be one hell of an asset or one hell of an obstacle for oneself.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Milwaukee [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
No it is definitely about the photo shoots. Otherwise they'd fly their guys to the US.

Bringing a camera to the US would be the easiest part. They can do their shoot at Carlsbad HQ if that was the case.

The whole engineering a pro sports teams are in Germany, as are their tools, fitting parts, wheels, frame sizes, and wind tunnel which they are most familiar with. Theres a ton more theyre able to do on-site. Makes little sense to go to the US for them vs sending one athlete to Germany who just needs a backpack for his race kit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:

Not sure if I qualify as Tribike53’s friend, but would you count my vote please.

I think pinning an existing thread might do the trick. This one is focused on what Lionel does best.
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ntertaining#p7876039

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:

This seems like a good idea, but does it need to be pinned? Folks seem to be able to remember to post in the bike racing thread (3000+ posts) without it being pinned. If folks can’t remember to post about LS’ stuff in the LS thread, that would suggest the lack of a separate thread isn’t the problem that needs to be solved!
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Milwaukee [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
What will be interesting is if the PTO continues to improve and build upon it's "series" (did I hear Talbot Cox say PTO was looking at up to 10 races next year, lol)
Lagoon wrote:
The last couple of videos from the PTO have been so much better. The Unfiltered US Open video was fantastic, but the shot of the 6 guys out on the run together just made me even more angry we saw none of that battle during the broadcast.
Link (actually very well "filtered": well worth a view, as said): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTtoRybt8cA
Quote Reply

Prev Next