Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New bike build and I feel like I’m missing something
Quote | Reply
My Cadex tri frameset should be in my hands in the next week or two.

I’m parting off some components from another bike. Saddle, pedals (power meter), crankset (1x), RD, blips/clics, cassette, chain, bottle cages.

Ordered the following parts;
Wheels
Tires
Brake levers and calipers
Rotors
Centerlock rings
BB

I feel like I’m overlooking something.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Aug 20, 23 7:48
Quote Reply
Re: New bike build and I feel like I’m missing something [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bottle cages(s), if any?
Bar tape?
Cassette?
Computer mount?
Quote Reply
Re: New bike build and I feel like I’m missing something [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tubes or tubeless valves?
Tubeless Tape?
Rear light/Varia mount?
Foam housing damper for the internally run rear brake line to prevent rattling?

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Aug 20, 23 7:14
Quote Reply
Re: New bike build and I feel like I’m missing something [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Bottle cages(s), if any?
Bar tape?
Cassette?
Computer mount?

Got all that stuff too.

Don’t need bar tape with the Cadex. Comes with grips.

Last edited by: The GMAN: Aug 20, 23 7:48
Quote Reply
Re: New bike build and I feel like I’m missing something [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Tubes or tubeless valves?
Tubeless Tape?
Rear light/Varia mount?
Foam housing damper for the internally run rear brake line to prevent rattling?

I think the tubeless stuff comes with the wheelset. Already have the Varia.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Top tube
Quote Reply
Re: New bike build and I feel like I’m missing something [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Top tube

😁

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From experience of multiple bike builds, it's always the little things that get you. Hoses being too short (if you're reusing them), brake line barbs & olives or even a slightly different-sized BB tool if you're fitting a new one.

Upshot is I've never managed to finish a build same-day. Always have to wait on something that I've forgotten!
Quote Reply
Re: New bike build and I feel like I’m missing something [aka_finto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aka_finto wrote:
From experience of multiple bike builds, it's always the little things that get you. Hoses being too short (if you're reusing them), brake line barbs & olives or even a slightly different-sized BB tool if you're fitting a new one.

Upshot is I've never managed to finish a build same-day. Always have to wait on something that I've forgotten!

yep - just came to say this. i've not done a ton of builds but have waited more than once for an entire build because of, say, a seatpost collar or a cable guide. tiny, cheap parts that are nonetheless critical. a more methodical person than me would have a complete checklist, maybe, but in my case it seems the only way to learn is trial and error.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply