Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BB/Crankset compatibility question - axs, gxp, quarq riken
Quote | Reply
Been internet searching and can't quite find the definitive answer. Perhaps someone can spell this out for me, thanks in advance.

Bought a used bike (cervelo p series). Came with an older quarq riken crankset on it, paired with a garbaruk 1x chainring running with AXS. This is the Crankset: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...er-depth-review.html

Is this a GXP Crankset? And thus, if I got a 2x AXS GXP Crankset, would it fit without changing the BB?

Seeing online I think force and red axs have GXP options. I would like to have a 2x setup for next year's races and hoping to make this switch from 1x to 2x as simple as I can, and not replace the BB. Was GXP the only spindle option for these old quarqs? If this isn't enough info let me know! Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: BB/Crankset compatibility question - axs, gxp, quarq riken [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it does say gxp on the box, can't you just bolt a second ring on to you crankset? A photo would be useful.
Quote Reply
Re: BB/Crankset compatibility question - axs, gxp, quarq riken [mikemelbrooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohh, good catch!

And yeah I thought about that, and would love to that'd be my first choice, but I can't find anyone that makes 130bcd 5 bolt 2x chainrings that are compatible (on paper) with AXS/Sram 12sp flattop chains. Am I wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: BB/Crankset compatibility question - axs, gxp, quarq riken [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
Been internet searching and can't quite find the definitive answer. Perhaps someone can spell this out for me, thanks in advance.

Bought a used bike (cervelo p series). Came with an older quarq riken crankset on it, paired with a garbaruk 1x chainring running with AXS. This is the Crankset: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...er-depth-review.html

Is this a GXP Crankset? And thus, if I got a 2x AXS GXP Crankset, would it fit without changing the BB?

Seeing online I think force and red axs have GXP options. I would like to have a 2x setup for next year's races and hoping to make this switch from 1x to 2x as simple as I can, and not replace the BB. Was GXP the only spindle option for these old quarqs? If this isn't enough info let me know! Thanks

If it's got a Riken in it, it's probably worth replacing the BB anyway. That would open up your options to pretty much anything instead of trying to stay w/ a GXP crank.
Quote Reply
Re: BB/Crankset compatibility question - axs, gxp, quarq riken [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's got a ceramic speed BB in there. So on the one hand I agree, but if there's a way I can continue using the nice BB that wouldn't hurt. I know it's a ridiculous marginal gain but it's still cool to have haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
Ohh, good catch!

And yeah I thought about that, and would love to that'd be my first choice, but I can't find anyone that makes 130bcd 5 bolt 2x chainrings that are compatible (on paper) with AXS/Sram 12sp flattop chains. Am I wrong?
There is a huge can of worms as to whether you can use a alternate chain to a Flat top Sram.
However I think GXP and 130mm BCD has fallen out of favour. Maybe it's time to update to a Dub bottom bracket and matching chainset.
Quote Reply