Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Klagenfurt
Quote | Reply
Signed up for IM Klagenfurt. Did some flat road IMs with TT and worked well. But not sure should I go with Trek Speed Concept or Trek Madone to Klagenfurt (+1.600 m elevation). What do you think?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Klagenfurt [Papundek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon bike. Even on IM WC in Nice (2500m elevation) a tri bike was a faster option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did IM Austria three times: triathlon bike for sure ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Klagenfurt [D_Marc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tnx, what was your average speed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done Austria. Fabulous race you will love it. It’s a TT course all day long. A couple of hard but shorter climbs followed by some long not so steep descents on fast tarmac. You will be faster on you speed concept for sure. Have a blast.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100% tri bike. The bike course really suits it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up for this one as well.
Bike course has changed since September as it's now back to the old 2 loops format from 2018 or earlier.

A very useful link to figure out the bike course, starting at 1:25:XX with the lake on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzaQm6MgwSg&list=PLyfo9CN2F_sLQur9rADfvtNwSUqZhJB1A&index=2&ab_channel=AlpinfitnessNesensohn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the “original” course , and used my road bike with climbing wheels. I alsohave a trek speedconcept, and think that would be fine also. Have a blast! It was one of my favorite IM races:)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Klagenfurt [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All

The bike course is great for a TT and it is back to the original two loops.

I have a hotel room going spare in Krumpendorf if anyone is in need, happy to discuss price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did my first here in 2005. Was a 3 lap course then and had two sharp climbs per lap and then 50km of -2% gradient on smooth roads with mostly sweeping bends.

100% tt bikes.
Quote Reply