Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

JetBlack/Zwift Conversion to XDR - Shifting Issues
Quote | Reply
Hi all, so long story short, just put my tri bike in the JetBlack Volt direct drive trainer and the shifting is "out of alignment". Now for some background:

Vot had a shimano bike, but I wanted to put my tri bike to test some equipment changes (SRAM AXS). I couldn't find the XDR driver in the JetBlack store in stock so I bought the Zwift one. It's my understanding that Zwift Hub and JetBlack Volt are extremely similar/share parts, etc.
The XDR driver came with a spacer, which I didn't use. I was thinking the spacer is for 11 speed drivetrains? There were no instructions in the freehub package.

I don't want to have to make micro adjustments everytime I put the bike on and off the trainer. I haven't experienced this issue because I've been using a Kickr Bike for a while.

Hoping for your collective wisdom to fix this or minimize adjustments.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: JetBlack/Zwift Conversion to XDR - Shifting Issues [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't think it's an installation issue, just an irritating alignment thing, just like wheel hubs can differ slightly. I have the Volt with 11 speed Shimano cassette and on both my tri and gravel bike I have to make micro adjustments if I want perfect shifting (although just count how many turns/electronic clicks and use the same number). I tend to use erg more or just turn up the headphones and ignore the noise when I inevitably forget to do this.
Quote Reply
Re: JetBlack/Zwift Conversion to XDR - Shifting Issues [jn46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think I'll have to do this, thanks

jn46 wrote:
Don't think it's an installation issue, just an irritating alignment thing, just like wheel hubs can differ slightly. I have the Volt with 11 speed Shimano cassette and on both my tri and gravel bike I have to make micro adjustments if I want perfect shifting (although just count how many turns/electronic clicks and use the same number). I tend to use erg more or just turn up the headphones and ignore the noise when I inevitably forget to do this.
Quote Reply