Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NEW QR PRFive Disc 2 or QR X-PR
Quote | Reply
First post.

I am going to order either the QR PRFive Disc 2 or the QR X-PR. Doing the "fit ready" option. I am thinking of saving a few bucks and ordering the PRFive Disc 2. The PRFive has a higher retail price than the X-PR which perhaps naively makes me think that $3,095, down from $4,795, is a great deal over the X-PR which is $3,495 down from $3,995. Both are outfitted at that price similarly. Am I being foolish thinking I am saving $400 with the older frame on the PRFive? Is the X-PR worth the price difference?

A little about me--I have not done a triathlon since the 2011 IM AZ. I did a few back then. I am pretty familiar with the training process and so forth but I am not fast. I was not then and I won't be now. I am only about 35 lbs heavier than I was then and less flexible. I will be doing the Oregon IM 70.3 and looking at a anything sub 7 hrs as a win. I am not as fast as I was back in 2011 but I actually have money for a dedicated triathlon bike now. I just can't blow all the money in the world with 2 kids in college and 2 more still at home.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW QR PRFive Disc 2 or QR X-PR [orbiker71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the XPR is a heavier layup carbon version of the VPR. I think both test faster than the previous series.

My guess is if staying in tri long term go for the newer model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a prfive 2 months ago and used the money saved instead of getting the xpr to upgrade to the Reynolds wheels. I had it for a few weeks and did 70.3 Washington on it. Absolutely love it so far.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW QR PRFive Disc 2 or QR X-PR [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a pair of reynolds to go on which ever bike I buy. Going to use the base wheels to train or whatever…never hurts to have extra wheels. Learned that from cyclocross.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orbiker71 wrote:
First post.

I am going to order either the QR PRFive Disc 2 or the QR X-PR. Doing the "fit ready" option. I am thinking of saving a few bucks and ordering the PRFive Disc 2. The PRFive has a higher retail price than the X-PR which perhaps naively makes me think that $3,095, down from $4,795, is a great deal over the X-PR which is $3,495 down from $3,995. Both are outfitted at that price similarly. Am I being foolish thinking I am saving $400 with the older frame on the PRFive? Is the X-PR worth the price difference?

A little about me--I have not done a triathlon since the 2011 IM AZ. I did a few back then. I am pretty familiar with the training process and so forth but I am not fast. I was not then and I won't be now. I am only about 35 lbs heavier than I was then and less flexible. I will be doing the Oregon IM 70.3 and looking at a anything sub geometry dash subzero 7 hrs as a win. I am not as fast as I was back in 2011 but I actually have money for a dedicated triathlon bike now. I just can't blow all the money in the world with 2 kids in college and 2 more still at home.

The QR X-PR is a newer model and has a more advanced frame design than the PRFive Disc 2. It’s currently priced at $3,495, which is $400 more than the PRFive Disc 2. The X-PR is designed to be more stable in crosswinds and is also two pounds lighter than the PRFive Disc 2 12. Therefore, I still prefer QR X-PR.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW QR PRFive Disc 2 or QR X-PR [pennydavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered the X-PR. Thanks all. And bought some Reynolds AR 80 X DB wheels that were 50% off. I think I grabbed the last Shimano set they had.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope the bike is treating you well :)
How do you like the X-PR so far?
Quote Reply