Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman record, 60+M? [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Bonness did the Great Floridian in 2015 in his early 60’s. Not an Ironman branded race, but still the distance. Definitely not a record time by any means, but he still looked pretty fit out there. That event was after his peak years and I believe that he only did it because it was the 25th anniversary race, an event that he had won many times over the years.

Joe was always a beast. I haven’t seen or heard anything about Joe since 2015, but I bet that he’s still pretty fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman record, 60+M? [bobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dutch dude went 9.34 this year in roth. possibly not record, but seems quite fast
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman record, 60+M? [ols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ols wrote:
This seems pretty quick to me, but not sure if fastest ever

2022 IM Italy Emilia Romagna. M 60-64. Jurgen Meurer 9:29:16

2022 IM emilia romagna was the largest group ride ever seen. I know people that never broke 10h, going sub 9.30 with ease. In fact, Jurgen Meurer did 9.59 in frankfurt this year
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman record, 60+M? [Sean Hylton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean Hylton wrote:
Joe Bonness did the Great Floridian in 2015 in his early 60’s. Not an Ironman branded race, but still the distance. Definitely not a record time by any means, but he still looked pretty fit out there. That event was after his peak years and I believe that he only did it because it was the 25th anniversary race, an event that he had won many times over the years.

Joe was always a beast. I haven’t seen or heard anything about Joe since 2015, but I bet that he’s still pretty fit.

It appears you are correct. I found this article from January 6, 2015: Bonness has backed off the Ironman circuit in the last five years as the economic downturn required him to be fully focused on managing his businesses. “It was becoming too time consuming,” he says. However, he recently completed the Ironman distance of the Great Floridian Triathlon in Clermont in 11 hours and 12 minutes, placing fifth overall. Is he preparing for a comeback? “I'm done with Kona for a while,” he chuckles. https://www.businessobserverfl.com/...016/jan/08/man-iron/
Quote Reply

Prev Next