Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Nov. 13 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 13 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of a crazy week last week-work wise. Monday- just after 1am there was a fire at a former US Navy blimp hangar, one of 2 located in the school district where I work. These were built for WWII, and are some of the largest freestanding wooden structures in the world. There is a school in close proximity to the hanger, which was the turn-around point for a 10k I ran the day before. That school immediately went virtual, but all other schools in the district were open for in person instruction through Wednesday. Wednesday night there were some meetings with fire and health authorities where it was announced that they found asbestos and other dangerous chemicals in the ash from the fire. All schools in the district were closed on Thursday, making for an extended Veteran's day weekend. Schools were also closed today so that teachers could prepare for online instruction starting tomorrow for schools that haven't been cleared by the environmental remediation company the district hired. The school that I primarily work at is one that will be doing on online instruction tomorrow, as only 1 high school and 2 middle schools have been cleared so far, in addition to about 8 elementary schools, that will be back in person tomorrow.
Workouts have been not happening as much as I want due to the poor air quality and the fact that I was at multiple schools impacted and that don't have the best air filtration systems.

The school is where the heart is and the hangar that burned was the one toward the top of the image, closest to the school.

I've been cat-napping a lot during the day, usually with at least 2 and sometimes 4 cats on my bed.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 13 edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cat naps are excellent

wowzers on the fires!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 13 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
- 2x a day, pause for 2 min and just breathe. (I've done this once today and it was very calming!). I'm practicing this when I feel on an even keel emotionally so when I need it when I am having feelings of some sort, I have practiced it (if that makes sense). It's training :D. done at least 1x every day. It's very nice!

- journal every day done 6/7
- PT exercises every day done!

6/7 on the healthy coping skills

goals this week
7/7 on healthy coping skills
6/7 on 2 x 2 min pauses (did none today)
PT exercises every day

This week will look better after Wed. as tomorrow I have an evening work thing I absolutely don't want to go to but have to go to, and Wed. afternoon I have a Stressful Thing.

probably going to check in here both days :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They ended up having all schools virtual today, but will be opening 14 schools tomorrow. I get to go to work at another school tomorrow, as my school isn’t cleared to open yet.

Cats took up most of my bed, so no catnap for me today, but did get a run in tonight.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 13 edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yesterday survived! proud of me :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
yesterday survived! proud of me :-)

Yay, you! One Stressful Thing to go, and then it's all coasting to the weekend ;o)

SD, how very stressful with all the fires. I hope you're doing OK with all the disruption.

I got my bike fitted at the weekend, and also got my cleats adjusted because apparently I've been doing something super funky with my knees (which totally can't have helped the running and IT band issues...). I get to pick her up tomorrow. Squee!

I already managed to get a swim in this week, so that's something. My husband is talking about taking me away for the weekend before the snow falls - we have a gift certificate to a fancy B&B up in the midcoast region that we figure we should use before (another) Christmas rolls around.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 13 edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
IT band issues...). I

it sounds like there are multiple things contributing to your IT band issues, but if it helps, my go to for that is good old fashioned leg lifts but externally rotate your foot. When I have IT band tightness, it's from a tight TFL, and tightness often means weakness - that exercise will strengthen the TFL.

That may or may not be your issue but I thought I'd mention it!

way to go on the swim and I hope you have a great time on the midcoast :-)

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 13 edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wednesday accomplished!!! haven't made time to journal, but am 3/3 for healthy coping skills this week!

Quote Reply