Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone make un-drilled blank "cut to length" aero spacers?
Quote | Reply
I'm not a UCI rider. I'm pretty settled on a fit for a while and done with the bulkier adjustable angle things that come with super extensions.

I'd like to just have an aero stack spacer of some kind that's not already drilled or tapped or anything that I can do with as I please.

Anyone know of anywhere making or having such a thing? I've hunted all over the internet bike related and automotive racing related and even aviation. I've found hollow rod, but nothing that's solid.

To me, somewhere has to make something like this in "bulk" cut-to-length style.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone make un-drilled blank "cut to length" aero spacers? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just buy aluminum or steel stock on ebay, tons of sellers. With an angle grinder and a drill you can make an interface from any basebar to any aeroski in any size and shape you want.

You can make your own extensions too with 22.2mm aluminum pipe and a pipe bender.
Last edited by: mathematics: Nov 17, 23 7:40
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone make un-drilled blank "cut to length" aero spacers? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
I'm not a UCI rider. I'm pretty settled on a fit for a while and done with the bulkier adjustable angle things that come with super extensions.

I'd like to just have an aero stack spacer of some kind that's not already drilled or tapped or anything that I can do with as I please.

Anyone know of anywhere making or having such a thing? I've hunted all over the internet bike related and automotive racing related and even aviation. I've found hollow rod, but nothing that's solid.

To me, somewhere has to make something like this in "bulk" cut-to-length style.

Thanks.

What geometry? Do you have a stl or dxf or any other CAD file format? What material / alloy? I made such spacers from Al 7075 by wire erosion.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone make un-drilled blank "cut to length" aero spacers? [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a mini mill in my shed I've made stuff from, I'm just lazy because it's manual and not CNC at all. So I'd probably have to take square/rectangle stock, cut to a length, buy a little band saw, cut the aero profile with bandsaw then sand it smooth, then cut it to the angle/length.

It would save a ton of steps if something was already in the aero shape in solid form in a "rod" you can buy.

I mean the mini mill is fun, just saves some tedium.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah getting an airfoil shape is a bit tedious. I have a set of risers that I made that are just rounded off rectangles with aluminium flashing around them as totally not a fairing.

If you're making the actual structure an airfoil shape it might be easier to just grind them down rather than band saw them, YMMV.
Quote Reply