Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Up-and-coming Spanish athlete wins 70.3 Mossel Bay
Quote | Reply
...His name is Javier Gomez, seems like he has a lot of potential!

In all seriousness, great to see him back racing and even winning!
Quote Reply
Re: Up-and-coming Spanish athlete wins 70.3 Mossel Bay [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that results on my FB feed and had to smile. I have always found it odd that Javier seems to get so little recognition here on ST. The guy has won something like 9 World Championships across various triathlon incarnations and has never rated very highly among the punters here. Good to see him stand on the top of a podium again.
Quote Reply
Re: Up-and-coming Spanish athlete wins 70.3 Mossel Bay [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
I saw that results on my FB feed and had to smile. I have always found it odd that Javier seems to get so little recognition here on ST. The guy has won something like 9 World Championships across various triathlon incarnations and has never rated very highly among the punters here. Good to see him stand on the top of a podium again.

You do realize ST is 95% about Ironman, 4% 70.3 and 1% everything else......
Quote Reply
Re: Up-and-coming Spanish athlete wins 70.3 Mossel Bay [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

You do realize ST is 95% about Ironman, 4% 70.3 and 1% everything else......

AND 110% Lionel Sanders!
Quote Reply
Re: Up-and-coming Spanish athlete wins 70.3 Mossel Bay [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess that's why AB never gets to be mentioned here...

In all seriousness, there are other reasons for this to happen. Probably being a low profile humble guy doesn't help. Because he has a helluva story to tell. Like losing some of his prime years, including the Athens Olympics, due to the Spanish federation not allowing him to race due to a cardiac condition (bicuspid valve). He had to pay a world renowned cardiologist to be allowed to race again.
Quote Reply
Re: Up-and-coming Spanish athlete wins 70.3 Mossel Bay [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
I guess that's why AB never gets to be mentioned here...
quote]

A lot less than a Canadian and most are about his “going long”
Quote Reply
Re: Up-and-coming Spanish athlete wins 70.3 Mossel Bay [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
My favorite triathlete and if not for some terrible luck maybe two more Olympic medals as well. Several WCs... Xterra, 70.3, Escape from Alcatraz, ITU, etc.

Good to see him racing again.
Quote Reply