Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Blummenfelt getting ready for a run race in Paris. VO2 max test [fuglen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.tv2.no/...ite-meg-ut/16364521/

They say the 7700 mL/min gives Blu a Vo2 max of 96; so his weight must have been at 80 kg. They expect him to lose some kg before the olympics
Last edited by: fuglen: Jan 14, 24 5:51
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt getting ready for a run race in Paris. VO2 max test [sidelined] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, I checked and your are right. Regardless, he had remarkable PB on both the 5k and 10k. In terms of running performance he is in a different league relative to KB.
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt getting ready for a run race in Paris. VO2 max test [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think KB was dominant at ITU, at least I'm the way AB and JG were. But I think that was due to self selection. He chose long distance over ITU dominance.
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt getting ready for a run race in Paris. VO2 max test [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
You think Blu is/was dominant in ITU? I don't, I think he's a consistent top athlete 3ish type of athlete, but far from "dominant". I'd characterize what AB/Gomez did in their era where they had like some stupid stat of X number of podiums in a row or like 90% podium rate. That's dominant. I think Blu has basically been a top 5ish athlete since basically 2017ish.

It's an eye raiser in terms of athletes coming out of Covid because it has to be a very tipy toe conversation piece imo. It's kinda why I didn't want to put in my own interpertation of the lack of testing and just kinda show that there was a lot LESS testing in covid and there seemed to be a ton of sports with some really fast records post covid (this is more a conversation piece on athletics as a whole and less tri specific).

It was interesting to hear Hayden Wilde answer Jack Kelly's question about 'is there an athlete he is scared of, thinks would be hard to beat in Paris'. And Hayden sees Alex and Blu as kind of known quantities, and the athlete he said he ever felt like was closest to unbeatable was the Vincent Luis of 2018-2020 (of course he also said he never raced Alistair at his peak).

Crazy to think that Vincent (or Leo) may not even make the starting list in Paris.
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt getting ready for a run race in Paris. VO2 max test [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New video out from Blummenfelt -
They talk alot about plasmaide and its nitric oxide effect, is it just sponsor shill? If i remember the previous "NO" hype was beetroot juice which only worked on untrained athletes yet they spin it well in this video.

Last edited by: lassekk: Apr 2, 24 10:22
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt getting ready for a run race in Paris. VO2 max test [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
New video out from Blummenfelt -
They talk alot about plasmaide and its nitric oxide effect, is it just sponsor shill? If i remember the previous "NO" hype was beetroot juice which only worked on untrained athletes yet they spin it well in this video.

Has there been any discussion on why Blummenfelt's chest/ribcage sticks out the center? I don't think I've seen him talk about this.
Quote Reply

Prev Next