Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM 70.3 Pucon
Quote | Reply
After being a somewhat surprising 3.5 minutes down after the swim, Sam Long dominates a weak field at Pucon, winning by 6:40. I’m assuming it was a wetsuit swim, so Long definitely can’t be happy with that swim.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Pucon [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not much further back than he was in Indian Wells either. Likely just explained by the pack dynamics or lack thereof in Chile.

Only 11 pros in the swim results. Looks like they all swam in groups of 2-3 with some spaced out a bit swimming on their own.

I know it's not totally comparable, but Sam swam 25:41 recently in Indian Wells and the second pack in Chile (4-7) was swimming in the 26:30+ range. So I'm assuming Sam's capable of keeping with them. It would look like he just needs to hammer it to stick with those guys early on as he can hold that pace overall.
Either that or there was some goofy error or swim pack shenanigans -- Sam seems like the kind of guy who'd get targeted with some aggression on the swim and take him out of contention easier that way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a thread recently where someone "heard" that Sam Long was not going to be with Trek any longer. Have we cleared that up as being true or false for sure? Race recap pictures show Long in a tri suit with Trek on there still. Can anyone confirm what brand of bike he rode in Pucon & his status with Trek going forward?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Pucon [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
There was a thread recently where someone "heard" that Sam Long was not going to be with Trek any longer. Have we cleared that up as being true or false for sure? Race recap pictures show Long in a tri suit with Trek on there still. Can anyone confirm what brand of bike he rode in Pucon & his status with Trek going forward?

Whenever I hear about bike sponsor change, Canyon comes to in mind. They take pros left and right!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Pucon [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
It's not much further back than he was in Indian Wells either. Likely just explained by the pack dynamics or lack thereof in Chile.

Only 11 pros in the swim results. Looks like they all swam in groups of 2-3 with some spaced out a bit swimming on their own.

I know it's not totally comparable, but Sam swam 25:41 recently in Indian Wells and the second pack in Chile (4-7) was swimming in the 26:30+ range. So I'm assuming Sam's capable of keeping with them. It would look like he just needs to hammer it to stick with those guys early on as he can hold that pace overall.
Either that or there was some goofy error or swim pack shenanigans -- Sam seems like the kind of guy who'd get targeted with some aggression on the swim and take him out of contention easier that way.
I was at Indian Wells last month (total age grouper) and 25 minutes is just staggering to me. That is almost half my time. Not that I'm particularly fast. Not even close. But just damn.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Pucon [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:

He rode a Trek SC: https://www.tiktok.com/.../7321361074773708038

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Pucon [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Struggled with the left sock so skipped the right. Nice.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Pucon [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply