Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cordoba and Granada Spain Cycling Routes
Quote | Reply
Hi Team.

Anyone have suggested routes here for cycling? And, maybe more importantly roads you 'would avoid'. Was in Granada a few years back. It was beautiful. Though, I only ran and didn't bring a bike at the time.

Also, anyone recommend places to rent?

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply
Re: Cordoba and Granada Spain Cycling Routes [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never cycled there, but Granada has plenty of mountains. You have Sierra Nevada and la Alpujarra with plenty of very nice climbs, including some "categorĂ­a especial" (equivalent to hors categorie in the tour) climbs from La Vuelta. El Veleta being the most famous. The highest road in Europe is there in Sierra Nevada, where you also have a "Centro de Alto Rendimiento" (high performance center) where the Norwegians spend some time.

Here you would have all the relevante climbs in the Granada province: https://www.altimetrias.net/...tos.asp?Provincia=18

And this would be Cordoba: https://www.altimetrias.net/...tos.asp?Provincia=14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you end up being a bit south of Cordoba/west of Granada I've got a bunch of routes that head out from Antequera. Bike2Malaga is a good option for rentals in Malaga, but not sure on Granada.
Quote Reply
Re: Cordoba and Granada Spain Cycling Routes [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. This is an excellent resource!

Quote Reply
Re: Cordoba and Granada Spain Cycling Routes [andrewjshults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the Bike2Malaga referral.

Definitely curious on the routes from Antequera. My wife has an uncle and grandparent living there. Been there once before passing through. Looks like a great place to ride. I am especially interested for the best roads between Antequera and Malaga as we will be staying there. I can see myself riding there to meet her (while she takes the train...). And, then either a bike or train ride back....

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have anything to share around antequera but I did spend a month south of granada. The previous resource is great for climbs as well as Cycle Sierra Nevada which does rentals an hour or two south of granada. In terms of do not goes getting out of town might be rough depending on where you are staying in Granada.

But otherwise in terms of "do not goes" essentially no bikes allowed on the blue or orange signed roads. It will depend on your tolerance levels but I felt pretty safe on everything else. Also if you plan on doing the entire pico veleta the term "paved road" is extremely generous. Most of the climb is great but after the barrier the road quality goes down and the last few clicks its just loose rock. If I ever go back Id probably go with 32c tires at a MINIMUM but maybe more just for that last stretch. But the climb up to the barrier itself is also fantastic and still a really big climb (the vuelta climbs end there)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
of course you have to cycle to torcal google paraje natural torcal. then over to el chorro. antequera is a fab location .
Last edited by: pk: Jan 23, 24 2:01
Quote Reply