Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Your Preferred Post-Workout Recovery Drinks / Foods
Quote | Reply
Hi all, new here but have enjoyed browsing recently and seems like a great community.

Have been looking for recommendations for recovery drinks/foods you all use consistently during training. Currently training for IM FL in November and have a pretty packed daily schedule between workouts, a demanding job, and two kids at home, so need something I can pre-mix or that is portable/requires no prep if solid food. Right now I try to get some form of food in within 30 minutes of working out, but its a total crapshoot based on what's in the fridge or pantry. I'd like to get a little more focused on what I am putting in my body post-workout, tailored to recovery from endurance exercise.

Additional info:
- 34 y/o M
- My current training plan is roughly 13 days on, one day off, and I do the majority of workouts before 8am with supplementary strength/mobility in the evenings 2-3x/week.
- Currently use AG1 as a vitamin/mineral supplement (though probably will switch to Live it Up)

Any recovery drinks or foods you recommend to get the appropriate amount of protein and nutrients to kick-start recovery?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Your Preferred Post-Workout Recovery Drinks / Foods [doublebogey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Tailwind Recovery Mix. It comes in single serving packs that you mix with water in a blender bottle so it's super portable.
Quote Reply
Re: Your Preferred Post-Workout Recovery Drinks / Foods [doublebogey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
muscle milk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
White sugar and protein pwoder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My go-to is a smoothy that includes:

frozen banana
frozen fruit - depends on what we have, but peaches, strawberries, blueberries are common.
Peanut butter
oat milk
Amino acid supplement (I've been using BASE)

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My post-workout go-to is a protein shake (using whatever protein powder Costco has), and a banana. If it was a longer workout, or I'm feeling extra hungry, I'll have a piece or two of toast or some crackers for some extra carbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cold pizza and defizzed Coke or Mtn Dew.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Protein shake if I have the time (protein powder/banana/peanut butter/almond milk) or chocolate milk if I’m in a hurry.
Quote Reply
Re: Your Preferred Post-Workout Recovery Drinks / Foods [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goats blood.
Quote Reply
Re: Your Preferred Post-Workout Recovery Drinks / Foods [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too good

Actually like all fitness and longevity conscious individuals I prefer Testosterone cypionate and a chakra prayer facing the meridian, while being recorded by iPhone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty much anything endorsed by Bryan Johnson. /s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Protein shake followed by 4 eggs with toast. "Recovery" mixes are a complete waste of money. If there is a particular ingredient you think you need, buy it separately and mix it into your shake. You'll probably pay 1/4 compared to what they charge for a mix.

Same goes for everything else, though. Energy gels vs homebrew mix is easily 10x savings. "Vegan ptotein" mixes vs blending soy/rice/pea protein is maybe half. But at least these have a clear purpose. There's not much in a recovery mixes besides protein and carbs to help you recover.
Quote Reply
Re: Your Preferred Post-Workout Recovery Drinks / Foods [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chocolate milk. Hersheys chocolate syrup and skim milk. About a pint.
Quote Reply
Re: Your Preferred Post-Workout Recovery Drinks / Foods [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Too good

Actually like all fitness and longevity conscious individuals I prefer Testosterone cypionate and a chakra prayer facing the meridian, while being recorded by iPhone

LOL

my standard of late is two yakult or bio salud probiotic shots and 400 cal plain soymilk (mix w decaf coffee for "latte")

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Evening workout. Wild Turkey on the rocks

Morning workout. Gatorade or vita coco
Quote Reply