Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
The biggest puzzle piece to Ari's career isn't that he's getting this great 3 month "adventure" and getting all this great coaching and on deck cues to help him; it's what will happen in June or Sept if he's back in Seattle grinding "solo", etc or whatever he's been doing there the past year. The "what's next" is the biggest puzzle piece to connect what he's learning now and improving upon to keeping that going.

He left a DTE style group a few years back where he was getting consistent daily on deck coaching to go live and train with LS, and I know he mentioned he has a new coach a few months back; so not sure what his plan is going to be to layer this great adventure to actually having the best chance to stick.

Some of the fastest guys already live in hotspots with great training groups (Norway), others have to move to get there (Tucson). One of the biggest constants in pinnacles of sport is a training group of other top-level athletes. It's going to be tough not just for Ari but for anyone to try to make it to the top spending half the year training on his own.
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  I predict that he will move away from the PNW and head back to a Tri-friendly town somewhere in the USA. I said from the start that this trip will be full of life lessons for Ari,many of which transcend Triathlon and that he won't be the same guy he was when he left Seattle in January.
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good stuff again. He seems to be....tougher. He struck me as fast but maybe not the toughest mentally - that is certainly changing. It's been a really good series to watch.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Good stuff again. He seems to be....tougher. He struck me as fast but maybe not the toughest mentally - that is certainly changing. It's been a really good series to watch.
Yep,as I have mentioned before,a life changing experience for him , Young Ari is growing up and it will be very cool to follow the second part of his trip and his return to racing in the USA.

I haven't had an Ari sighting on the road here on the Sunny Coast yet, but I live in hope.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
dfru wrote:

Yep,as I have mentioned before,a life changing experience for him , Young Ari is growing up and it will be very cool to follow the second part of his trip and his return to racing in the USA.

I haven't had an Ari sighting on the road here on the Sunny Coast yet, but I live in hope.

It's been kind of cool to watch him wearing that zip up hoody - a local brewery in Bellingham here. Just kind of gives it some more connection to like...7 of us haha

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The swim parts of the videos make me chuckle. Social kick for the girls pb kick for you ari lol

Been there in the warm up just swimming off the back somewhere not even sure what the set or time cycle is but knowing would prefer to be in bed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regarding his diet, I’m surprised they found him to be eating too little. Maybe it was just during certain times. But he’s admitted he’s gained weight since his running days and clearly has much more muscle in his upper body than previously.

I do think him working with fuelin will be positive as he clearly has more awareness of both in workout nutrition and the rest of the day. He’s also off the budget fueling/maple syrup kick, with seemingly a sponsorship from precision which will probably help a ton also.

I also agree with the above, his weakness appears to be mental not performance right now. He seems to go through good periods of training like this and then falls apart before/during races. The next few months will be more telling for sure.

It’s been great content though, have enjoyed watching the episodes. Good mix of training and humor as always.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems like he has really thrived off the environment and group training. I don’t think he has anything close to that in Seattle.

It’s something to think about but is he going to be able to carry all that momentum back to the USA when he’s training mostly by himself. It can get pretty damn lonely, especially swimming wise.

Maybe he needs to consider relocating somewhere to have a similar environment and group training that he can thrive off of.

After watching this latest video and it was probably the swim part, I now get the appeal and reason of going there to train.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:

The point about Americans thinking of themselves as eternal children vs Aussies thinking themselves invincible is quite interesting. Ari is becoming more Aussie every day over there. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
It seems like he has really thrived off the environment and group training. I don’t think he has anything close to that in Seattle.

It’s something to think about but is he going to be able to carry all that momentum back to the USA when he’s training mostly by himself. It can get pretty damn lonely, especially swimming wise.

Maybe he needs to consider relocating somewhere to have a similar environment and group training that he can thrive off of.

After watching this latest video and it was probably the swim part, I now get the appeal and reason of going there to train.
Yep,I would be surprised if he ends up staying in Seattle for the summer race season. You can see in that video that he was already late out the door for his ride without the girls being there to get his shit together for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:

The point about Americans thinking of themselves as eternal children vs Aussies thinking themselves invincible is quite interesting. Ari is becoming more Aussie every day over there. :)
There are cultural differences for sure and I have seen it in the pro triathletes I have hung out with over the years..The Aussies and Kiwis are blunt and brutally honest and it doesn't matter if they are telling you that you are an asshole or are awesome. The attitude is the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the swimming to be in a top fitness level for Ironman amberger posted a set he did ages ago where he did 20x200 hold 227-229 on short rest (so probably 240-250 time cycle). Trying to make the swim as comfortable as possible

Others have said when they swim with amberger they can match him on the fast stuff (ie the fast 100s) but when they move to the steady aerobic swimming and recovery they just can’t hang

The squads amberger used to swim would have the slow lane on 1:15 cycle, the fast lane on 1:10 cycle and maybe a world champ on the 1:05 cycle

I don’t think that in a half im anyone is swimming sub 110 pace - maybe for the first 100-250m. But being able to grove at just below 15 seems the key.

Ari has got the 109-110 stroke but not the 115 stroke and not the 115 stroke for high effort distance intervals
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope the big dog can build it up over time
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the Australian Method series abruptly canceled, Santa Clarita Diet style?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:

He went home
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The amount of kfc that yankee was eating was considered a bio hazard. Deported his ass
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ADabs wrote:
ericlambi wrote:

He went home

Any word on why...and what his race schedule now looks like?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
ADabs wrote:
ericlambi wrote:

He went home

Any word on why...and what his race schedule now looks like?

It will be interesting to find out why he went silent as soon as he moved to Noosa.
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Mar 18, 24 16:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very interested in hearing why. He was really trying to improve but maybe they didn't like the social media side?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t think anything happened. He went home because that was always the plan. He didn’t bail early on the trip. I don’t think the cameraman came to Noosa with him and I wouldn’t be surprised if JR said no to any cameras on deck. I have no idea what his race schedule looks like this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Ari's Australian Adventure [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
I don’t think anything happened. He went home because that was always the plan. He didn’t bail early on the trip. I don’t think the cameraman came to Noosa with him and I wouldn’t be surprised if JR said no to any cameras on deck. I have no idea what his race schedule looks like this year.

I know he said earlier he wasn’t doing Oceanside. I’d guess St. George is his 2024 debut.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply

Prev Next