Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TREK Domane 2017
Quote | Reply
New bike, a few questions/back story:

This fits (56) basically during covid they stripped this bike and used the parts elsewhere. Since have re-built with:

-Force 2X11 Hydro mechanical
-still has Vision Metron carbon 30 clinchers.
-the one with dual ISO, IE headset and seat post ISO
-disc brake
-mostly black colour
-although 2017, still comes with full Manufacture/shop warranty.
-Good local LBS, I've known the owner for 25 years.
-2800$can or about 2100$USD
-we pay 5% additional federal tax on bikes.

Is this good for light gravel? IE well maintained forest service roads, with something like a 35 gravel king etc?...looking at another set of rims and using this for 80% road/20% gravel.

Thanks,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: TREK Domane 2017 [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it's absolutely a find "light gravel" bike. I have ridden newer Domanes in more "enhanced" gravel conditions (Rift Iceland) and it's a great bike!

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: TREK Domane 2017 [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks for your reply. Does this strike you as a good deal for a 2017, new with warranty? IE 2100$US 2800$CAD. I think the wheels alone are 1200$

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's hard to say $$ wise being a few generations old. Geometry, tire clearance, iso speed (coming and going) and I'm sure more changes have been made since. No question it's still a great riding bike.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a 2017 domaine sl8 disc. If you are doing road and light gravel it’s a good bike. I enjoyed it but I had a road bike so I decided to get rid of it and get a true gravel bike. It has 2.1s on it now with room to spare. I can do lots more with it and I still have a dedicated road bike.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 2018 model of this bike & I do exactly what you are describing in terms of gravel riding. I also have a set of deep dish wheels I use when I road ride on this bike.

I have been running 36s Clemente Xplorer tires & have been fine. The one thing I would say when considering buying this bike is that the 36s are pushing the limit on what the front fork will accept for tire width. Otherwise, its a suitable bike for light gravel.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply