Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon Research
Quote | Reply
I know several people here helped out last year with a similar survey. We took some of the feedback and changed up the survey a bit. Trying to figure out more preventative strategies that work. The survey should only take between 3-10mins.

We are recruiting triathletes who raced or planned to race at least one triathlon during the 2023 season. We aim to identify injury epidemiology and preventative strategies that may reduce the risk of injury. You will specifically be asked to recall information about your 2023 triathlon season, including racing history and injuries. It is important that you complete this survey whether you sustained an injury or not. You must be at least 18 years old and be able to read and understand English to complete this survey.
Your choice to participate in this study is completely voluntary. If you choose to participate in this study, your responses will not be linked back to you in any way.
https://usmuw.co1.qualtrics.com/...m/SV_aXkO1tLq3id2Cz4
This study has been approved by The University of Southern Mississippi’s IRB, protocol #23-0950. If you have any questions about this study before you decide to participate, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope you will consider participating in this study and appreciate your consideration!
Thank you for your time,
Jeffrey J. Parr, PhD, LAT, ATC
Assistant Professor
School of Health Professions
The University of Southern Mississippi
Email: Jeffrey.parr@usm.edu
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Research [USMResearch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The survey must not be working for iPads
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Research [Tobrien55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Completed, although I doubt I'm much help. I didn't have any injuries in 2023. I did, however, have an injury in 2022. Only reason I bring this up is I didn't make it very far in the survey since it was for 2023 and not 2022. But I crashed on a training ride in 2022 and broke my wrist. Still raced Pumpkinman (Las Vegas) five weeks later. Doesn't help you now. Just thought I'd post that up.

This year is another story though. I've kind of cranked up my training because I plan to do IMAZ in November. Not so sure it's an injury but more of a nagging pain. Way back during my military days I really pissed off some ligaments in my knees. After they recovered, they haven't really been a problem for the most part. But just in the last few weeks, particularly since I upped my training, I've started to feel the left knee quite a bit more. Seems to be painful during the training and for the rest of the day but generally subsides overnight, although sometimes it may stick around the next day too. Just depends on the intensity of the session.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve just completed it using an iPad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Figured it out….the arrow was so small for the next button I missed it the first time. One think that I found interesting is that the survey make s you select between only one area of the body that you had an injury. I had two injuries in 2023 one upper torso and one lower. I was only able to select one so focused on lower.
Quote Reply