Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2024 Farm and Garden [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My farmers market is the ICU. The unit secretary alone will buy as many eggs as we can produce and others are on a wait list.

Our flock is up to 26, but only 10 are laying age currently. The rest are juveniles in various stages. Dark brown, light brown, cream, and blue, with green eggers a few months off from laying age. They're currently ranging in the fenced-in apple & pear orchard since it's so overgrown it isn't manageable for harvesting. That's a down the road project, reclaiming the orchard. It will require selective reduction and I'm not excited about it.

We're only doing flower bed gardens for veggies this year. The sour cherry, apple, pear, and peach trees are blooming presently.

Oh, and we now have a turkey. Apparently a turkey chick got mixed in with the green egger chicks at TSC and it became evident in days that it was a different animal. Very friendly, bonded to a young hen in his cohort and loves being pet and put away in the coop. Can't say we have a need for a turkey but there she is, so we're keeping her.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Apr 18, 24 11:23
Quote Reply

Prev Next