Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected)
Quote | Reply

i only looked at the men

Scott: Ditlev 1st, Koolhaas 6th and Heemeryck DNF,

Trek : Long 2nd, Royle 10th, RVB 11th, Kanute 14th

Cervelo : Margirier 3rd, Chevalier, 13th

BMC : Brownlee 5th, Mignon DNF

Canyon : Baekkegard 8th Laidlow 9th

NONE : Keulen 4th, Barnaby, Mc Nammee

Ventum: West

Quintana Roo : Horseau

Giant :Weiss

KU Cycle : Bogen

Well, i am not certain that Keulen, Barnaby, and Mc Namee have no bike sponsors but they all seem to ride unbranded frames from the race pictures and/or their IG.

So the third biggest factor is no sponship for what is sold as the elite of the pros!
I was too lazy to look at the girls but it may be even worse. It certainly does not look great for the state of the sport. Keulen may get a sponsorship if he keeps on riding like that. I also wonder about some of those contracts. I would be amazed if Margirier gets more from Cervelo than Kanute does from Trek.

I also get the feeling that many only get bonus fee but do not get paid to ride their bike. Heck, Marjolaine Pierré said that she bought her bike yet does not hide the Cervelo logo on it, she might have a bonus incentive but some situations are not quite clear.
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [jcgiraSHT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, out of all of these, what's the feeling on the following:

Best aero performance

Best handling

Best ease of use (maintenance, travel, everything related to not racing)

Most durable

Best Comfort

Best Value
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [jcgiraSHT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's interesting.

So, for Keulen. That's the BMC bike he was riding last year.

Did they sponsor him last year and not this one. So, he just covers up the logo on the frame?
You can actually still see it on the front of the fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike sponsorships are indeed very hard to come by these days. The industry has not done a good job at handling the fluctuations in demand throughout and after COVID and they are perhaps over-reacting a bit to the dips in their profits. Public companies or companies with a lot of debt are forced into that kind of action, but private companies with less debt *could* hold the line a bit if they have confidence in the future.

I don't know how much of my info is privileged or not so I don't want to name names but at least one or two of the athletes you have listed under certain brands are in fact, not sponsored by the brand, even if they had been in the past.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Jason West isn't sponsored by Ventum? :)

Regarding the bike companies suffering, I can confirm from multiple connections I have stateside and Taiwan that many of the bike companies are seriously struggling. Most of their production went into building stocks of mid and low range bikes during the pandemic boom and the sales in that segment have evaporated.
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh Jason is definitely sponsored by Ventum and the relationship is very strong as far as I can tell.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s early season. AFAIK at least one of your “no sponsor” list was waiting on a new sponsored frame which wasn’t available in time for a late call-up to race.
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [aka_finto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming this could be Barnaby? I'd be surprised if he isn't on a Colango this year, considering his bike coach Luca Zenti is a coach for UAE Team ADQ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure of sponsorship status for all, but here is what the women were riding as far as I could tell

Specialized: Lee, Findlay, Diederiks
Cube: Charles-Barclay
Trek: Lawrence, Moench, Oliveira?, Priarone
Felt: Ryf
BMC: Byram, Kivioja, Buckingham
QR: Chura
Orbea?: Sanchez
Cervelo: Hering
Canyon: Matthews, Perez Sala
Liv: Pallant-Browne
Argon 18: Jewett

Edit: Moved Hering to Cervelo
Last edited by: mhepp: Mar 18, 24 15:46
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [mhepp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mhepp wrote:
Not sure of sponsorship status for all, but here is what the women were riding as far as I could tell

BMC: Byram, Kivioja, Hering, Buckingham

One correction: I believe Hering was on a Cervelo
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right you are. Edited my post to reflect. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure how accurate this is but heard just today Ventum is coming out with a new TT frame? That was from someone inside the sport industry...anyone hear this or pure rumor? I'd think they would not sit on their haunches and would improve their product to update it. Especially when you have West riding it...
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I can only say that even if I knew something I would not say anything.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn’t there are rumor a year or 2 that they were going to get out of the tri space? And focus more on road and travel? Can’t remember where I heard that.

Wonder if this bike will have downtube or be UCI legal? Did they ever get their road and gravel bikes uci approved?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heemeryck got dropped by Scott end of last year, even after the season he had.

He's now sponsored by a well known bike shop in Belgium that have provided him with the new BMC Speedmachine 01.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barnaby is 100% on a Trek Speed Concept
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [mhepp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mhepp wrote:

BMC: Byram, Kivioja, Buckingham
Cervelo: Hering

Edit: Moved Hering to Cervelo
To add the WPRO contracted athletes who didn't race Miami:
Haug: Cervelo
Gentle: Felt
Knibb: Trek
Philipp: Canyon
Sodaro: Canyon
Simmonds: Canyon
Pierre: ? Cervelo (edit added - VMT @drfu)
Watkinson: Wilier
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Mar 20, 24 8:59
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pierre is Cervelo

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Wasn’t there are rumor a year or 2 that they were going to get out of the tri space? And focus more on road and travel? Can’t remember where I heard that.

Wonder if this bike will have downtube or be UCI legal? Did they ever get their road and gravel bikes uci approved?

The NS1 is UCI approved...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't they sponsor a cycling team? If so, it's probably a UCI legal tt frame that's being released
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't Gentle ride a Scott?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Oh Jason is definitely sponsored by Ventum and the relationship is very strong as far as I can tell.

Poor guy :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

Did he end up going to the tunnel ? I think he said he would be
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

Lauren Brandon(husband works for Ventum), Jocelyn McCauley, Jason West and Jackson Laundry... Thy ride Ventum and are doing very well!!
Quote Reply
Re: BIKES BRAND USED IN T 100 (and one of them is unexpected) [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's scheduled for a couple months from now, though I don't know that much if any of that will become public.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply