Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tires for Clincher Zipp 404
Quote | Reply
Before i go and make an accidental tire purchase, i thought i'd see if can get some assurance from Slowtwitch. I bought a pair of older Zipp 404 Firecrest clinchers and trying to figure out what tires to buy. I was told 25mm will work best.

I see GP 5000 on Amazon, but oddly enough the clinchers only show sizes in 700 x 32mm (and lots in 650c). When i choose 'Mountain bike; sport' instead of Clincher, i get 700 x 25mm. Any idea what Moutnain bike;sport means? is this not Clincher?

Any other recommendations? I'm looking for something mid-level in terms of price.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Tires for Clincher Zipp 404 [blueQuintana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s just an Amazon seller that doesn’t know how to categorize their product. Go down to your local bike shop and ask them to put on 25mm gp5000s or take your chances with the incorrectly categorized tires on Amazon.
Quote Reply
Re: Tires for Clincher Zipp 404 [blueQuintana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
specialized turbo cottons with latex tubes
Quote Reply
Re: Tires for Clincher Zipp 404 [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no reason to buy tires at a local bike shop. And no reason to have the shop install them.

Buy them on eBay for cheap.
Quote Reply
Re: Tires for Clincher Zipp 404 [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The value add is having help to identify and install the tires correctly (since no one has ever complained about installing GP5ks). Someone who is uncertain about tire categories would benefit from the help and wouldn't need to worry about returning the wrong tires that are (often) mislabeled on the internet. Eventually that person might get the experience to navigate a bunch of bike jargon. We aren't all born omnipotent infallible beings like jimatbeyond.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
^^^^^This^^^^^^
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$46.18 per tire with free shipping and free returns...

https://www.ebay.com/...temis&media=COPY
Quote Reply