Ironman Pro Series
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman Pro Series Website [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T100 is watching šŸ˜†
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman Pro Series Website [khouryd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I think IM is watching T100 and doesn't want to see their important sponsor partners get whittled away by T100 picking them off.

I have to say, when I look at the athlete list on the Ironman website compared to the list on the T100 website I'm not as impressed with the presentation. But it's VERY cool for those athletes to get some recognition there though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many athletes are on both IM and T100?

I see Sam long on both
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman Pro Series Website [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get recognition and money
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman Pro Series Website [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure exactly. I haven't been following the T100 close enough to know the roster there. I do notice someone like Paula on both yet I don't think Paula will contend for the Pro Series title since she doesn't compete in the full distance. Do the athletes sign a contract with Ironman in order to compete or can they jut sign up and go?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:
How many athletes are on both IM and T100?
Not sure exactly. I haven't been following the T100 close enough to know the roster there. I do notice someone like Paula on both yet I don't think Paula will contend for the Pro Series title since she doesn't compete in the full distance. Do the athletes sign a contract with Ironman in order to compete or can they jut sign up and go?
Pros need to buy an IM licence: they can go for 'annual' or per race (>3 races and you pay the same).
T100 roster: Look for the T100 icon opposite athletes' names (how closely do you need to "follow"?)
https://stats.protriathletes.org/rankings/women
I've looked for the top few PTO ranked athletes (WPro) and most are there though Ryf missing (after all she's only won 10 IM + 70.3 WCs!)
The PTO 'rankings' are of course more comprehensive as they are 'inclusive': all middle+long distance race history for every athlete. Whereas https://proseries.ironman.com/triathletes list (which seems totally unsorted: not alphabetical, not by last IM race . . . . ) only lists their IM branded races (unsurprisingly).
This IM list adds no add'l value. I expect they'll run an IM Pro Series standings table; at least I surely hope so, once the first race (Oceanside) is finished.
I suspect the PTO site will do that too; probably sooner and more promptly updated.
The IM Pro Series 'every second counts' scoring protocol also means points calculations are super simple(istic).
https://proseries.ironman.com/races#map-view Is there a world beyond north America?
66 seconds: https://proseries.ironman.com/...e-ironman-pro-series
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Mar 30, 24 5:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or is the Ironman website the slowest website on the internet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:

Paula seems like the kind of person who could end up doing well in Oceanside, and then start planning out scenarios for how she could do well in the series and end up doing a full anyway.

But as far as points go, they just signup and get status as they race. No contract I've heard about.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman Pro Series Website [El Soloist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ever spent much time in the PTO rankings/results/upcoming races pages? I swear it almost crashes my browser everytime.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman Pro Series Website [CoolDownChamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CoolDownChamp wrote:
Have you ever spent much time in the PTO rankings/results/upcoming races pages? I swear it almost crashes my browser everytime.
Yes - I spend considerable time on there, in all its corners: never fails me. What is a "browser crash". If yours crashes, choose another.
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman Pro Series Website [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
FuzzyRunner wrote:

Paula seems like the kind of person who could end up doing well in Oceanside, and then start planning out scenarios for how she could do well in the series and end up doing a full anyway.

But as far as points go, they just signup and get status as they race. No contract I've heard about.

If you listen to the TTL podcast I would say there is slim to no chance Paula does a full. And slim just left the buildingā€¦.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: New Ironman Pro Series Website [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:
If you listen to the TTL podcast I would say there is slim to no chance Paula does a full. And slim just left the buildingā€¦.
Anyone finishing an IM Pro Series race will score points if they are <41:40 minutes behind the winner (70.3) or <83:20 in an IM. In December after Taupo, the totals will determine rankings.
In the WPro elite, 7 athletes contracted to race the T100 series (6 of 8) have indicated they plan to race Nice: Haug, Ryf, Sodaro, Philipp, Matthews, Lee, Moench (maybe 2 others). But most are unlikely to race 5 IM Pro Series races, though Matthews so plans (regret didn't start well). The other 'favourites' are Langridge and Norden.
Findlay is one of several top athletes who've shown no (or tried it and no thanks) interest in 140.6 mile race. They could race five 70.3s but each 140.6 (allowed 3) scores double points so pretty difficult to place highly with 5 x 70.3. And outside top ten, the series bonus for 11 to 50 is only $4000.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C5JGx6BLf4W/ - no replays without '+'.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Mar 31, 24 1:40
Quote Reply