Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Switch between 11-34 and 11-30...
Quote | Reply
Without having to adjust chain length? I.e., set the chain length for 11-34 and leave it when using 11-30. Too much slack (2/3 links maybe)? I'm running 12 speed Ultegra Di2 so derailleur adjustment should be a breeze.

TIA.
Quote Reply
Re: Switch between 11-34 and 11-30... [Porfirio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be just fine if set for the bigger cassette, mainly because you're hopefully never running small x small. That's where you'd notice it if it was problematic. I've lazily done it for both road set ups and mtb chainring swaps and no problems. I think my neo has a 30t on it instead of the 34 on the speedmax right now.

*edited to add: plus your 34t cassette still has an 11t anyway so your derailleur can swing it either way
Last edited by: Alexvanneste: Apr 1, 24 9:49
Quote Reply
Re: Switch between 11-34 and 11-30... [Alexvanneste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Have done this. Works fine. Super slack on small small but nobody ever shifts into that gearing unless their di2 is about to die anyway. :)

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply