Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 965 Watch Strap
Quote | Reply
Back in June I bought a new Garmin 965 watch. I almost immediately had issues with the strap becoming unfastened (still stays "strapped" but the piece you tuck the extra strap under comes undone) rather easily. Happens mainly when swimming (the water forced the strap to come loose from the slider) and when running (the flat catches a shirt or part of the jacket and comes loose).

Has anyone else had issues with this?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 965 Watch Strap [PhillyChris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for a few weeks, have done a few pool swims and several runs, no issues like that. Do you have huge wrists and thus not much of the strap feeding through the loop??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no issues for me. Is your strap loop on correctly? There is a little nub that should insert into the watch band holes. Maybe your loop is flipped?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 965 Watch Strap [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bounce between the 9th and 10th outlet leaving me about 11 to 12 loose. Just curious as I’m probably going to get a new band but didn’t want to get the same one. That loop thing just seems very loose
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FR955, but yes same thing. I've just got used to that now.

Also 9th hole (sometimes 8th if swimming). 9th is comfortable but lets that retaining loop move a bit. 8th is too tight for 24/7 wear and I get a rash under the HR sensor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PhillyChris wrote:
Back in June I bought a new Garmin 965 watch. I almost immediately had issues with the strap becoming unfastened (still stays "strapped" but the piece you tuck the extra strap under comes undone) rather easily. Happens mainly when swimming (the water forced the strap to come loose from the slider) and when running (the flat catches a shirt or part of the jacket and comes loose).

Has anyone else had issues with this?
Ditto FuzzyRunner above. There is a pin on the underside of the loop that secures the end of the band flap. I'm willing to gamble yours has turned to the underside of the watch band.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 965 Watch Strap [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case you're wondering, I contacted Garmin after seeing a couple people with similar issues and they just replaced the band. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update to my Update:

I also purchased a 22 quick release strap. While the replacement strap Garmin sent me is better than the original that came with it. The Quick Release 22 is far better. So if you were having the issue I was having, I'd just get a Quick Release strap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I moved to velcro straps over a year ago and have never looked back. I swim several times most weeks in the sea and the bands are still secure. Best thing is the configuration of the strap is such that it's virtually impossible to come off should the band become unhooked. Just make sure you get these with the end that tucks under and not the others with both ends tucked out.
https://www.aliexpress.com/...rYou%7Cquery_from%3A

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply