Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AMA Oceanside Pro Men's Race with Justin Riele (8th Place Pro & formerly average amateur) [TriSki20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the result, Justin!

Any truth to what was said in the latest PTN podcast episode that Sam Long thought you were Jelle Geens which is why he'd put on those surges? If he knew Jelle wasn't in the main pack, he would have probably kept it steady to have another run battle with Lionel.
Quote Reply
Re: AMA Oceanside Pro Men's Race with Justin Riele (8th Place Pro & formerly average amateur) [runningeconomy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runningeconomy wrote:
Congrats on the result, Justin!

Any truth to what was said in the latest PTN podcast episode that Sam Long thought you were Jelle Geens which is why he'd put on those surges? If he knew Jelle wasn't in the main pack, he would have probably kept it steady to have another run battle with Lionel.

Haha yes that is true. First thing he said to me after the race. I think it is the opening clip of my YouTube video that my friend is posting today on my channel it’s pretty funny
Quote Reply
Re: AMA Oceanside Pro Men's Race with Justin Riele (8th Place Pro & formerly average amateur) [TriSki20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats!

Was watching the replay on Outside TV and saw your name in the mix. Think I remembered you as the amateur winner that finish line camera people/producers were shuffling out of the way because one of the lady pros were finishing. Am I remembering that right?

Anyway solid race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good video. Watching now.

Just watched wanted to add this in. I realize you're not necessarily leaving no stone unturned in your pro career and appear to value having a good time over outcome. In which case, no judgment obviously.

Thst said, just pointing it out in case it's of interest.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24533082/

Alcohol impairs recovery and further reduces the adaptations your muscles would otherwise get from the workout (race).
Last edited by: Lurker4: Apr 11, 24 13:54
Quote Reply
Re: AMA Oceanside Pro Men's Race with Justin Riele (8th Place Pro & formerly average amateur) [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no!!!

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: AMA Oceanside Pro Men's Race with Justin Riele (8th Place Pro & formerly average amateur) [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d say most of us know that, but enjoy drinking beers afterwards anyways.

Justin - awesome race. I started passively looking at your strava after you won this race a couple years ago and it was cool to sit on the trainer watching the broadcast and see you up front. Nice job and continued success!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
Good video. Watching now.

Just watched wanted to add this in. I realize you're not necessarily leaving no stone unturned in your pro career and appear to value having a good time over outcome. In which case, no judgment obviously.

Thst said, just pointing it out in case it's of interest.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24533082/

Alcohol impairs recovery and further reduces the adaptations your muscles would otherwise get from the workout (race).

They gave those people 12 +/- 2 ‘standard drinks’ based on body size and still got a p-value of only .05. I bet he’ll survive one night of celebration.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply

Prev Next