Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 955 Issues with distance and phone pairing notifications
Quote | Reply
Recently having issues where my watch is saying 1:30-2min slower pace than it should (same routes as always and same times). Synced with Garmin connect to see if it helps. Still same problem. Anyone have a fix here? Also, once I fix, how do I make sure all the past workouts are 'corrected' to the normal distances in Garmin Connect and/or Strava? Is there a way to use either of these to 'overide' by using some mapping system? Or, do I have to manually put in these numbers?

Lastly, was running with phone and my wife called multiple times. Notification never went to the watch (they seem to be paired), and I caught hell for not responding quick enough. Any recommendations here on what I can do (aside from sending my wife to Garmin to complain.... she'd prolly get results quicker than me...)?

Thanks. Chris

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 955 Issues with distance and phone pairing notifications [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance you're normally in metric (km), and somehow it got switched to miles (statute)? That might put you in the ballpark of the time differences.

Assuming not, the next thing to ensure is that you don't have any weird footpods or such paired in the sensors menu (or, a heavily wrong-calibrated HRM-PRO/HRM-PRO Plus strap). If so, try disabling those temporarily in that menu.

Lastly, failing all that, try doing a soft reset on the watch.

For notifications, double-check that Notifications in the Settings during workouts didn't get toggled off somehow (in the event you see them during normal daytime, but not in workouts). Settings > Connectivity > Phone > Smart Notifications (and then check both during activity and general use, as well as the top toggle which should be on).

Else, if your phone is showing connected but not getting notifications, it could be something on the phone side not pushing them (or, do-not-disturb mode on the watch side).

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 955 Issues with distance and phone pairing notifications [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, the dcrainmaker himself in the real live virtual world! I'm honored.

Figured it out - actually, a lot simpler than I thought. Somehow I turned off multiband (perhaps when it asked to save power..???...idk...). Apparently, I am an idiot.

As for the 'notifications', I decided to update my iPhone, ergo the "connect app". That seemed to solve the issure there. I constantly 'ignore' updates as they come at an inconvenient time such as when I'm using my phone for work...

The only question I am wondering is there a way to have 'Garmin Connect' and/or Strava to smooth out all the differences automatically with a click of a button? If not, that's ok. It's off season info I am not going to look at much, and I am definitely, not spending my time going to plug in the corrected values manually.

Thanks, Chris

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply