Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Biking Routes in Columbus, Indiana?
Quote | Reply
I will be in Columbus, Indiana this weekend and am looking for some help with biking routes. I'm staying downtown and am looking to bike 25-40 miles. Any ideas? Thanks very much!
Quote Reply
Re: Biking Routes in Columbus, Indiana? [Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a lot of good riding when you get out of town. Id head over to the Tipton Lakes area, not a lot of traffic, a few hills and some nice scenery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Columbus. The go-to route is out and back to Story on Bellsville Pike. Depending on your starting point and pace, it's 2 to 3 hours for a full out and back. There's a nice loop if you stay on IN135 and back on Becks Grove, but I think the road is closed slightly past Story. There are some nice hilly roads out there if you take a couple of the roads off of Bellsville: Christiansburg, Valley Branch, 4 Mile Ridge, Mount Liberty, Poplar, Grandview (careful not to choose the gravel one), Wolf Creek. North of IN46, you've got Salt Creek, Clays Lick, Hoover, Sweetwater Trail, Nineveh Rd and the loop around Cordry Sweetwater are all nice. There's a Circle-K on IN46 at the bottom of Salt Creek you can stop for snacks/water if you need.

I usually avoid the loop around Grandview as the roads are beat up and I don't like riding on 46 due to traffic and crap on the shoulder. Others do it all the time though.

Feel free to PM if me w/ some details (hills? duration? Gravel?) I can come up with a more specific route recommendation for you.

There's also a gravel race pre-ride this weekend put on by one of the local LBSs.
https://www.facebook.com/events/986023623082752/
Quote Reply
Re: Biking Routes in Columbus, Indiana? [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Story and Nashville are both great spots to ride to/through
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ride to Bloomington - that place is amazing
Quote Reply