Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fallout on Amazon
Quote | Reply
It is very entertaining in a tongue in cheek way

Walter goggins is excellent and I a thoroughly entertained. I shall leave the reviewing exercise to those better qualified
Quote Reply
Re: Fallout on Amazon [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s very enjoyable. I never did play the game so am coming in blind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished episode 1. I am a big fan of the games so I am enjoying the fan service. But the show itself is great so far and the fan service doesn't seem to get in the way of everything else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Walter goggins is excellent

Things that go without saying.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Fallout on Amazon [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

Same. Two episodes in and am enjoying it so far. I still feel like I'm missing something, though. Does having played the game add anything to the series?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No one is bitching about ads, or $3 more a month in addition to prime to get rid of ads?
Quote Reply
Re: Fallout on Amazon [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
No one is bitching about ads, or $3 more a month in addition to prime to get rid of ads?

No there was another thread about this.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

Walter goggins is excellent and I a thoroughly entertained. I shall leave the reviewing exercise to those better qualified

Have prime, rarely watch the video stuff, will check it out. No nothing about it, and nothing in this thread really explains anything about it

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Fallout on Amazon [Wandering] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wandering wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

Same. Two episodes in and am enjoying it so far. I still feel like I'm missing something, though. Does having played the game add anything to the series?

I'm guessing if you haven't played the games you might be a bit lost on what the different factions are all about. They haven't really explained much as of mid season.
Quote Reply
Re: Fallout on Amazon [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

Have prime, rarely watch the video stuff, will check it out. No nothing about it, and nothing in this thread really explains anything about it

post-apocalyptic societal drama
Quote Reply
Re: Fallout on Amazon [Wandering] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wandering wrote:
Does having played the game add anything to the series?

It adds a lot of touches that would be familiar to gamers - because it's really honest to the game in a lot of ways that are at least superficially neat. All the food/drink items (Cram, Deviled Eggs, Nuka Cola) are straight from the game. The bitey creatures are spot on - Rad Roaches, etc. The frontier town of Filly is a perfect re-creation (though I think maybe it had a different name in the game?)

But if you've never played the game, not a huge loss.

One thing that's not well-explained in the series yet are the various "chems." Stimpaks are pretty self-explanatory, bringing CX404 back, etc. They cure any non-death injury. Radaway hasn't been well-explained (cures radiation poisoning) - it's what the Goggins-ghoul uses/needs. I think we got a brief look at Pyscho - the drug that makes you strong, but gives you serious roid rage.

Series is pretty enjoyable. Goggins is great, factions are well done. Light-hearted without being too campy.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 14, 24 11:52
Quote Reply
Re: Fallout on Amazon [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never played the fallout series, but I did enjoy Bioshock. Similarly retro-futuristic cyber punk technology type stuff.

I'm very much enjoying the Prime series; this might end up being one of their best. Definitely better than Reacher Season 2, although that wasn't the highest bar unfortunately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traveling with my son over the weekend and he was talking about this show, he said it was great and I have to watch it. He's normally a pretty good judge of what shows I'll like.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even without the background of having played the game (I played New Vegas once, and briefly - didn't really like it), I thought the show was very well done. Binged it over three nights this weekend, enjoyed the little guest appearances (e.g Rappaport, Armisen) and twist at the end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about this. Will check it out this weekend.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't do it for me. I thought it would be an actual "scary" post-apocalyptic show. But it seems more comedy than drama to me.
I never played the game, so can't compare. But I didn't even finish the first episode.
Quote Reply
Re: Fallout on Amazon [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm somewhere just this side of Francois. I was expecting Last of Us but this is a bit more Wes Anderson-ish and a bit camp. I've only got a couple ep left so I'll finish but unless it gets much better I am not in for S2.

I do like the music tho.... I also live in L.A. so appreciate the little cultural and geographical references

ETA, never played or heard of the game, and I'm a big apocalyptic / dystopia fan (what does that say about me...)
Last edited by: ChrisM: Apr 16, 24 10:18
Quote Reply