Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Uphill Skiing
Quote | Reply
per @ryan Heisler's front page article. Great sport, I do this quite a bit at Okemo & Pico, I know there is a great community of uphillers at Stratton.

My only point of contention with the article is that I've been told it replaces biking, not running.

I met my coach, John Spinney, on the Stowe Gondola a few years ago, and in our first email exchange he asked me of I do Skimo, the fuse was lit.
His view is that skinning works more of the biking muscles than the running and puts it on my winter calendar as a swap for those wkos. So I am often going skinning early AM and running in the afternoon at some point.
Quote Reply
Re: Uphill Skiing [TriNSki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A fair number of top trail runners skimo......Tony Krupicka, Killian Jornet, etc...so it must also help running wise. But, may just be the cardiovascular benefit.

When I was at Steamboat, I had a split board and would skin uphill every morning before the lifts opened. There were actually a good number of us doing it and you could see headlamps at various points on the mountain. It is a great workout and so much fun. If only I lived somewhere I could do this every day during the winter
Quote Reply