Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chain length on a 1x with OSPW
Quote | Reply
How do you measure your chain length on a 1x with a OSPW pulley?

Can’t follow shimano’s guide line 1 on 1 because that doesn’t take in consideration the larger pulley wheels.
Can’t follow ceramicspeed guide because there is no inner chainring on the front.

I read on some pages 1x’s need 2 extra links, but that is with normal pulley so add maybe 2 more?

Is there even a guide on this:-).

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Chain length on a 1x with OSPW [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Can’t follow ceramicspeed guide because there is no inner chainring on the front.
Yes there is. It's just the same as the outer chainring. And as the middle chainring, really.
Quote Reply
Re: Chain length on a 1x with OSPW [HTupolev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HTupolev wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:

Yes there is. It's just the same as the outer chainring. And as the middle chainring, really.

They, ceraminspeed, responded and it actually different from what you say :-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
I can't quite believe you as a "Tri Pro" are asking this (and given the overwhelming response I'm not alone). The OSPW makes no difference as the chain is close to straight in large pointing about 5 o'clock and the pulley wheel radius makes minimal difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Chain length on a 1x with OSPW [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:
I can't quite believe you as a "Tri Pro" are asking this (and given the overwhelming response I'm not alone). The OSPW makes no difference as the chain is close to straight in large pointing about 5 o'clock and the pulley wheel radius makes minimal difference.

Well, I just wanted to be sure as we didn't have to do a lot with 1X's here and it is actually slightly different as what I thought. I was off 2 links :-).
I just like to double check

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What’s the answer?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Chain length on a 1x with OSPW [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
What’s the answer?

Chain on front chainring, rear largest cog with chain already through the derailleur and when that is the OSPW part should be pointing at 4 o'clock direction.

Jeroen

Quote Reply