Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Israel attacks Iran
Quote | Reply
https://www.bbc.com/...?src_origin=BBCS_BBC

What will these two do now? Keep firing missiles at each other?
Quote Reply
Re: Israel attacks Iran [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allegedly they attacked the "hub" of where the 300 plus ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and drones came from.

Hopefully everybody who called for Israel to just ignore an attack because it was a limited retaliation will be clamoring just as loudly for Iran to just ignore this retaliation as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Israel attacks Iran [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Allegedly they attacked the "hub" of where the 300 plus ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and drones came from.

Hopefully everybody who called for Israel to just ignore an attack because it was a limited retaliation will be clamoring just as loudly for Iran to just ignore this retaliation as well.

Yes, some of us would like to see them stop bombing each other. Radical position, I know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s good but if Israel wants to kick Iran in the balls take out oil export terminals.

Crude oil exports from Iran hit the highest level in six years during the first quarter of the year, data from Vortexa cited by the Financial Times has shown.
The daily average over the period stood at 1.56 million barrels, almost all of which was sent to China, earning Tehran some $35 billion.
Quote Reply
Re: Israel attacks Iran [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Yes, some of us would like to see them stop bombing each other. Radical position, I know.

I know, I wonder if windy ever even pauses to consider the words appearing on the screen in front of him.
Quote Reply
Re: Israel attacks Iran [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
The daily average over the period stood at 1.56 million barrels, almost all of which was sent to China, earning Tehran some $35 billion.

Israel'd have to be careful there. Don't want to get too far on the wrong side of China.

Plus it could learn from China how to successfully suppress a troublesome internal racial demographic.
Quote Reply
Re: Israel attacks Iran [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
windywave wrote:

YOU FUCKING LEFTIST PIECES OF SHIT MAKE ME SICK!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Israel attacks Iran [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Thom wrote:

I know, I wonder if windy ever even pauses to consider the words appearing on the screen in front of him.

I'm just observing that folks of a certain ilk always seem to want Israel to absorb an attack and do nothing but rarely do those people think Iran should do the same
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
trail wrote:
Thom wrote:

I'm just observing that folks of a certain ilk always seem to want Israel to absorb an attack and do nothing but rarely do those people think Iran should do the same

This betrays your usual ‘surface level only’ understanding of the positions people take on these issues.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Iranian friend thinks that both sides are just doing this for show but not really trying to get anyone killed. So they can say to their supporters... "See, we retaliated!"

Says neither side really wants to start a war.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Israel attacks Iran [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Thom wrote:
windywave wrote:

YOU FUCKING LEFTIST PIECES OF SHIT MAKE ME SICK!!!

After you flush the toilet and rinse your face, I’d sincerely like to here what you see as an alternative… And I’m not a Lefty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
trail wrote:
Thom wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
trail wrote:
Thom wrote:

Cool strawman, Windykins. Remind me: members of which party are holding up aid to Israel and Ukraine in the House?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
trail wrote:
Thom wrote:

This is such a weird conversation. You don't really think there are people on here that are hoping Iran attacks Israel again do you? Or am I misinterpreting what you are getting at?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
My Iranian friend thinks that both sides are just doing this for show but not really trying to get anyone killed. So they can say to their supporters... "See, we retaliated!"

I agree with your friend
Quote Reply
Re: Israel attacks Iran [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
trail wrote:
Thom wrote:

This is such a weird conversation. You don't really think there are people on here that are hoping Iran attacks Israel again do you? Or am I misinterpreting what you are getting at?

No but I think people will criticize Israel for a very mild response (relatively speaking) to 300 munitions launched at them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Your Iranian friends have an accurate summation of the Iranian position. There is a bit more to be gained from the Israeli perspective than just a show of retaliation. They are engaging because they have been invited (the old tit for tat) and they can diminish Iranian capacity with near impunity as they currently hold the winning hand. Hamas is in check, Hezbollah is fearful of a full on engagement for economic reasons and Iran also does not wish to engage fully because the people are also not in support of war.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
trail wrote:
Thom wrote:

No but I think people will criticize Israel for a very mild response (relatively speaking) to 300 munitions launched at them.

You have a vivid imagination. Nobody here has done that.......but you knew that.
Quote Reply