Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lease a Toyota BZ4X for $129 a month
Quote | Reply
I saw this on my Google News page;

https://insideevs.com/...for%20three%20years.

Holy Smoke, that's some deal. I called the dealer where I got my Rav4 Prime last year and they told me that yes, they do have that deal. This car might not have to best specs but for commuting or around town, it's pretty amazing.

It's way cheaper than a Rav4 Prime. It might be cheaper than a Leaf or a Volt. They had one in the showroom when I got the Prime. I really liked it.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Lease a Toyota BZ4X for $129 a month [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep the car is getting terrible reviews in the EV space. It loses in every category and that's why they are giving them away. The demand isn't there.

That much said does it accomplish point a to b (less than 100 miles RT) with airconditioning? Yes. For someone going after this vehicle and being primarily motivated by price they would be smart to also evaluate how much there home charging setup will cost them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
I saw this on my Google News page;

https://insideevs.com/...for%20three%20years.

Holy Smoke, that's some deal. I called the dealer where I got my Rav4 Prime last year and they told me that yes, they do have that deal. This car might not have to best specs but for commuting or around town, it's pretty amazing.

It's way cheaper than a Rav4 Prime. It might be cheaper than a Leaf or a Bolt. They had one in the showroom when I got the Prime. I really liked it.

Literally fixed that for you.. But the Bolt (no longer around I think) qualified for the $7500

EDIT -- oh from link " Frankly, at $44,420, the bZ4X" yeah that's nearing a loaded Bolt (no Supercruise)

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Apr 19, 24 9:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On 23 June 2022, Toyota and Subaru recalled 2,700 bZ4Xs and 2,600 Solterras due to the possibility that wheels could come loose. They also halted production and sales of any new models.[67][68]
On 6 October 2022, Toyota reported it has found a fix to the loose wheel recall and has resumed production of the bZ4X and Solterra.

How? HOW?!
This car must be marketed terribly. I'm an EV driver and I just learned of this car on Slowtwitch.
Quote Reply
Re: Lease a Toyota BZ4X for $129 a month [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The article says, if I linked the right article, that because it's a lease they can apply the $7500 rebate. I don't know how that works. There is also a dealer on Long Island advertising the BS4X lease for $75 a month with $4000 down. It works out to about the same thing when I do it quickly in my head.

I think that while I'm on Long Island this week, I'll go test it out. I sat in one when I bought the Rav4 and I liked it a lot. I have to do a lot of checking first but it might be an easy way to get myself into an EV, and after the three year lease an EV that I really want might be available

To me, it's very cool looking, like a Rav4 on steroids. But by the time it came out it was already behind on range, high speed charging and heating system. Naturally, nobody wanted it. It could still work for me, except for winter range on the expressway, but we have the Rev Prime for that.

My Nissan pickup is in perfect shape cosmetically and mechanically, but it's 8 years old with 114,000 miles. Maybe, just maybe, the BZ4X will be an easy way to get me out of that one and into a new EV, even if it's not the best one right now.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen some chatter on this in various Toyota FB groups (I've been following them for deals/info on the new Tacoma, not in the market for an EV).

One post mentioned that Toyota was knocking $16k off MSRP, and I swear I saw something that mentioned an even higher rebate amount in NJ, maybe due to some state-specific incentive?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember when VW came out with the Jetta and lease rates were less than $200/month. Seemed like every teenager heading off to college showed up in one of those cars. This thing looks way cooler than a Jetta, and not much more than your monthly cell phone bill.
Quote Reply
Re: Lease a Toyota BZ4X for $129 a month [Crocwrestler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With leasing, how do they try to screw you?

I’ve never leased a vehicle. If they tell $2000 down and $129 a month for 3 years, what kind of things do they pull on me before drive away with the car?

Help me out!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:

I’ve never leased a vehicle. If they tell $2000 down and $129 a month for 3 years, what kind of things do they pull on me before drive away with the car?

Help me out!

Watch for mileage overage charges, return condition expectations, charges for wear-and-tear/repairs at lease end, maintenance requirements, penalties for not following any of the above

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kind of seems like you have your mind made up. Keep us informed how things work out overtime. Everyone's situation, geography and circumstances differ. I never leased a car nor signed up for a time share. The only new car I've ever bought was a 1999 Ford Explorer with .9 percent financing. I paid it off over 5 years and kept it until 2013 .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:

Help me out!

We looked at leases (with a buyout) for our EV6, but Kia rolled the $7500 as a discount for purchases. What I've heard is if you want an actual lease (and with the BZ4X, I'd recommend it) to not put any money down. If your car ends up totaled, you don't get the money you put down as a down payment back. It also sounds (from a quick Google) that Toyota leases may not include GAP insurance (coverage of the gap between the remaining payment and insurance payment) so worth checking.

The DC fast charging curve is quite bad, but if you're only ever home charging, it sounds like it's a decent car, especially at those prices.
Quote Reply
Re: Lease a Toyota BZ4X for $129 a month [andrewjshults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, after a day of checking into it, this really looks like the best deal you'll ever see on a new EV. They are basing the lease on a $48,000 car, minus $16,000 discount, and then applying the $7500 rebate. This is a smokin' deal if you live in one of the areas where they are offering it.

Looking at EV forums and YouTube videos, I see that the BZ4X has a number of design flaws, 228 miles of range being the biggest, but it's a very good car if you can live with that. I've also seen that people think the Rav4 Primeis a better vehicle. And I already have a Rav4 Prime.

And I don't want to give up my Nissan Frontier pickup. It's 8 years old with 112,000 mile but it's in great condition. About 2 years ago, I had it completely gone over mechanically and it still looks great. We use the Rav4 for everything so the Frontier is going less than 2,000 mile a year now, but when I need it, I have it. I'm taking it back Upstate when we go back to haul rocks and gravel for a retaining wall that I'm building. (building stone walls was a lot easier when I wasn't 74 years old)

So my decision is that the BZ4X is a great deal for the right person, but it's not the car for me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Well, after a day of checking into it, this really looks like the best deal you'll ever see on a new EV. They are basing the lease on a $48,000 car, minus $16,000 discount, and then applying the $7500 rebate. This is a smokin' deal if you live in one of the areas where they are offering it.

Wait, so those 2 discounts stack? Are you sure? Do both the discount and the rebate come from toyota? Using your numbers, if you do this and then immediately buy out the car from the lease, you can get this car for $21,500 ?That kinda seems too good to be true.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Lease a Toyota BZ4X for $129 a month [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Sweeney wrote:

Wait, so those 2 discounts stack? Are you sure? Do both the discount and the rebate come from toyota? Using your numbers, if you do this and then immediately buy out the car from the lease, you can get this car for $21,500 ?That kinda seems too good to be true.

I think the original deal already expired. It was 129 per month with 2000 down. I called the dealer and the sales person said that they would do that 2 day ago.

Yesterday the webpage showed 119 per month with 4000 down

Today it's different;

https://www.toyota.com/...0067c/?vehicles=bz4x

I think if I went in ready to sign, they'd honor the first offer. I also think it's a very good car within its limits. It's just not the car for me.

Quote Reply