Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly accountability thread- April 22 edition
Quote | Reply
How was your week? What are your goals for the coming week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly accountability thread- April 22 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iā€™m so proud of myself - showed restraint and made good choices getting back to sports, and 7/7 healthy coping skills. I did my PT stuff, journaled every day, and practiced the ā€œset phone for 2 min pauseā€ skill most days (the goal here is to build it in non-brain-going-crazy situations to make it easier to use when my brain is going wild).

I walked a bunch too but here is the run and swim
M - no run or swim but was Wellesley girl at Boston and gave and got loads of kisses.
T - 1 mi run
W - 1000 yd swim
T - 1 mi run
F - 1000 yd swim
S - 2.13 mi run
S - 2.25 mi run, 1000 yd swim

Did I mention I had 7/7 days w healthy coping skills :) am at 12 days in a row!

Goals for this week:
1. 7/7 healthy coping so can tell you 19 in a row next week
2. Continue to make smart choices easing back to sport
3. Journal daily
4. PT exercises as directed
5. Practice 2 min pauses twice a day

Happy earth day!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly accountability thread- April 22 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm letting my 5K/30 minute run per day streak go at 113 days

We're taking some time off this week and have many activities planned, so I'd rather not fuck it up by saying "I gotta get my run in!!!"

I'll take it easy for a while before I start my Endless Summer 100/100 on Memorial Day weekend

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for this week is to get back onto a good daily training pattern, with the race fatigue and DOMS falling into more memory than actual feelings, and do a couple key bike sessions (aero position and fueling) for next week's 70.3 in StG.

Also focusing on good daily practice of being thoughtful and in the moment (limiting distractions and all/most SM on my mobile device)

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly accountability thread- April 22 edition [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

We're taking some time off this week and have many activities planned, so I'd rather not fuck it up by saying "I gotta get my run in!!!"

congrats on an impressive streak!

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly accountability thread- April 22 edition [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Also focusing on good daily practice of being thoughtful and in the moment (limiting distractions and all/most SM on my mobile device)

last week I tried "no multitasking during meals, just sit and eat". It was interesting as an experiment and I deemed it a success. I plan to continue that for most meals this week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

congrats on an impressive streak!

Thanks!!! As an Endorphin Junkie, I subscribe to the mantra "it's easier to give up than to quit"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1/1 for the week :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chowders wrote:
But Iā€™m sick again as of Sun (sat next to an ill sister in a car for 7hrs on Fri so fairly obvious what the source was!) - so this week hasnā€™t got off to a good start. Iā€™m feeling much better today though so hopefully itā€™s not something that will linger. Assuming Iā€™m well, Iā€™ve got dental work on Wed and have been advised to take it easy and stay out of pool for 24-48hrs afterwards. So this week is just going to be a case of getting a bit of exercise done when I can and hopefully by the weekend (at least) Iā€™ll be ā€˜trainingā€™ again.

Sleep is still good. Regarding my nutrition focus for last week - letā€™s just say my preparation, resolve and commitment wasnā€™t up to the challenge of travel (inc delays) and socials. Iā€™ll try again this week (comfort eating whilst sick and/or the dental work constraints will be the new challenge)!

Itā€™s 5 weeks including this week until my first race and another 5 weeks until my first ā€˜Aā€ race. The past few weeks have been ā€˜snakes & laddersā€™ so Iā€™m not really sure about where my fitness is and I feel a bit behind where I want to be but I still have time to do a solid build phase.

Thankfully, the illness didnā€™t linger too long and I was able to get my dental surgery done (which went well and wasnā€™t too sore for too long afterwards). 5k swim, 7hrs bike, 45min run, strength session done, 1 of 4 prehab sessions done. This focus on nutrition has been interesting and revealing - Iā€™ll spare you the details but letā€™s just say I have work to do.

I now have 4 weeks (3 training weeks, including this week, plus a taper/travel week) before my first race. So hopefully this week will be the first of 3 solid training weeks (it started well yesterday - a ā€˜hard dayā€™ training during which I felt decent for the first time in a while).

Decided to join my tri squadā€™s twice weekly early morning turbo sessions for these 3 weeks (bit of a risk to my sleep regime but feels motivating and should be a good training stimulus).

Otherwise, my tri squad are organising a new duathlon this year so weā€™re visiting the venue on Sunday to check a few things.

And will be focussed on nudging my nutrition in a better direction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

I'll take it easy for a while before I start my Endless Summer 100/100 on Memorial Day weekend

113 days: chapeau! What is Endless Summer 100/100?

Keen to do one of these 100 day challenges at some point. I vaguely followed a ST thread about the tracking system ā€¦ but it seemed like a bit of a ā€˜hot messā€™ ā€¦ maybe it all made sense if youā€™d been there and done it before!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly accountability thread- April 22 edition [Chowders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel free to share the gory nutrition details if you like / if othersā€™ ideas or thoughts would be helpful.

2/2 for the week in terms of goals - have only not done the ā€œpractice pausingā€- and 14 days in a row healthy coping!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3/3 for the week!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
having fEElInGs

healthy coping skills are being DEPLOYED

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chowders wrote:
113 days: chapeau! What is Endless Summer 100/100?

Summertime version of the ST 100/100, from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day

Same rules apply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
having fEElInGs

healthy coping skills are being DEPLOYED

GoOD lUCk!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it was a success. 4/4 for the week :-) proud of self

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6/6 for the week and 18 days in a row of healthy copingā€™!

Quote Reply