Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The FBI's 139 million dollar mistake
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's one heck of a settlement. The bigger question: will such a penalty get the FBI to actually investigate credible reports of crime in the future?

Justice Department reaches $139 million settlement over FBI failures in investigation of Nassar gymnastics abuse claims
https://www.cnn.com/...ettlement/index.html

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The FBI's 139 million dollar mistake [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
In 2021, victims of Nassar reached a $380 million settlement with USA Gymnastics, the US Olympic Committee and their insurers.

Added to the USAG settlement they've exceeded half a billion dollars in damages.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: The FBI's 139 million dollar mistake [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With MSU, I think it's over $1 billion.

In my fantasy world, the lawyers would take some of their $300 mil cut and put some of it to use for victim support beyond just these women.
Quote Reply
Re: The FBI's 139 million dollar mistake [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:
In 2021, victims of Nassar reached a $380 million settlement with USA Gymnastics, the US Olympic Committee and their insurers.

Added to the USAG settlement they've exceeded half a billion dollars in damages.

Yeah, I read that. But USA Gymnastics was essentially a Nassar collaborator. So no big surprise on that settlement.

But what I am wondering, has this happened before? As in, the DOJ and/or FBI being successfully sued for anywhere near these kind of sums for their incompetence and/or carelessness?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The FBI's 139 million dollar mistake [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know why, but I thought Nassar was dead.
Quote Reply
Re: The FBI's 139 million dollar mistake [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
Don't know why, but I thought Nassar was dead.

You might be remembering him getting stabbed in prison about a year ago, but it didn't kill him.
Quote Reply