Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best trainer for 24" Bike (for kiddo)
Quote | Reply
Couldnt find this topic posted anywhere. Kiddo has stated he was interested in riding zwift/trainer road. He isnt tall enough for a peloton/etc.

Just curious if anyone has used a trainer for their kids 24" bike. I am thinking something like a kinetic should work.
Quote Reply
Re: Best trainer for 24" Bike (for kiddo) [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
Couldnt find this topic posted anywhere. Kiddo has stated he was interested in riding zwift/trainer road. He isnt tall enough for a peloton/etc.

Just curious if anyone has used a trainer for their kids 24" bike. I am thinking something like a kinetic should work.

Theres a conversion kit for Cyclops now Saris trainers that we used.
Quote Reply
Re: Best trainer for 24" Bike (for kiddo) [tim_sleepless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My kids used the Kurt Kinetic 'dumb' trainer. I bought an attachment for it that worked well. If you wanted the attachment, i could send over (as my kids have outgrown it), but i'm in Canada so shipping might not be worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So yeah, there is an aftermarket attachment you can get for Cycelops mag trainers.

My son is currently on a 20" bike and I had mounted it to the trainer with the rear wheel spinning freely (without contacting the roller). This was workable but not great. I looked into the attachment, but it's pretty expensive for what it is and in any case I couldn't find one in stock anywhere. So I mounted stick-on furniture pads to his rear brakes, loosed the cable and squeezed the calipers shut before tightening it up again. This provides decent resistance to the wheel. Have a speed/cadence sensor on the bike and it works fine (he's a level 12 zwifter now). At some point I'll probably just get another smart trainer but for now this works and the price was right.
Quote Reply
Re: Best trainer for 24" Bike (for kiddo) [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like these guys have one in stock
https://www.schellers.com/...adapter-194406-1.htm

If you not you can try searching on ebay

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Zycle trainer design should work with any wheel size

Quote Reply
Re: Best trainer for 24" Bike (for kiddo) [blueQuintana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi blueQ,

I have been searching all over for the Kurt Kinetic child adapter for my 7-year old. He's actually on his 3rd year of Zwifting on my old KK with a home-made roller attachment I made that is troublesome and very inconsistent.

If sosayusall doesn't accept your offer, I would love to have it. I am located in Canada (ON).
Cheers,
@Kid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:

I believe the Wahoo Kickr still features this adjustment knob.

Quote Reply
Re: Best trainer for 24" Bike (for kiddo) [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If sosayusall doesn't accept your offer, I would love to have it. I am located in Canada (ON).
Cheers,
@Kid

atkid - feel free to take him up on the offer. I am prob around 6 months away from doing anything....
Quote Reply