Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Colorado Cyclist Closing?
Quote | Reply
Anybody heard about this?

Do you trust them to deliver the products?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Colorado Cyclist Closing? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made an order from them (Planet Cyclery) last week - arrived fine. I poked around at the sites quite a bit - to my eye there was not much interesting inventory, and some of the 'deals' were not all that great. Cross check other vendors and Amazon before ordering there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B. Riley Retail is facilitating the total liquidation of Planet Cyclery and Colorado Cyclist's inventory, in connection with the executed General Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors (the "ABC") of Velo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Colorado Cyclist Closing? [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Private equity at it's game. (again)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disappointing.

Back in the 90's I loved getting their catalogs in the mail.

They had high quality handbuilt wheels, and I'm still riding them 30 yrs later. Never had to adjust them, whereas other builders I'd have to adjust spike tension or dishing.

Bought a Litespeed frame from them 20 yrs ago that's still going strong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the one hand, I feel badly for any employees left in the lurch, but... thinking back to the late 90s, an awful lot of local bike shops suffered at the hands of Colorado Cyclists' pricing, which the small shops couldn't compete with. There weren't too many online retailers at the time, so it was all milk and honey for CC. The competitive landscape for online retailers is much broader, and apparently CC just couldn't keep up. Shedding no tears for CC, the company.
Quote Reply
Re: Colorado Cyclist Closing? [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting point about impact of CC and similar back in the 1980's on local shops. That was when mail order cycling was taking off. Colorado Cyclist was of the early national mail order companies, along with Performance, Nashbar, Supergo, and few others--pretty much all defunct now.
Quote Reply