Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tim O’Donnell is retiring from Ironman
Quote | Reply
From his Facebook post

As much as I love IRONMAN & 70.3 racing, it’s time for new adventures. I don’t think I’ll ever retire but this particular chapter of my racing career has come to an end. It’s been a hell of ride! There are so many people I need to thank but they deserve their own mention separately.

I’ll still be racing this year but it will take a different shape. My focus will be on emphasizing how we can balance life and family with training, (fun) competition and most importantly our wellness. After my heart scare in 2021, I knew this is what I ultimately wanted to use my platform to support. I’m so excited to finally get the chance to do so. No more monster Kona training blocks or day to day hammer sessions with @jd_crew_. There are still plenty of amazing fitness journies to be had, they’ll just better fit into the life of a 43 year old dad and husband. I can’t wait!

Race announcement coming soon but I’ll see you on a start line in July. 🥳

#triathlon #endurance #health #wellness #heart #swim #bike #run #fitness

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Apr 30, 24 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: Tim O’Donnell is retiring from Ironman [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for him.

I always pulled for him and Potts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After that heart attack, I am surprised this didn´t happen earlier! Kudos for a great carreer! He´s always looked more like a CEO than a top Ironman to me (physically)
Quote Reply
Re: Tim O’Donnell is retiring from Ironman [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why did I think he had already announced that? Either way - a great career and I’m sure he and rinnie will stay super involved in the sport.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: Tim O’Donnell is retiring from Ironman [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theyellowcarguy wrote:
Why did I think he had already announced that? Either way - a great career and I’m sure he and rinnie will stay super involved in the sport.

I think you are correct, he had made a video on his YT channel about it perhaps a few weeks ago.

Great athlete and person, he will be missed for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing but love. A great career.
Quote Reply