Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

We just created Strava leaderboards on steroids…
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone!

A couple of friends and I have for a couple of years discussed how awesome it would be to be able to create private leagues with multiple segments and overall leaderboards in Strava. But it seems like that will never happen... So we used the last couple of months to create Strava on steroids. Not really, but an alternative for active cyclists who love racing as much as we do! You can easily create time-specific private leagues for you and your friends, or public leagues for everyone to join! The great thing about the concept is that it takes several segments into consideration for the overall leaderboard, which makes it super fun to race between different rider types as well!

Because of the limitations that Strava set for its API, we have created an all-new segment motor ourselves, so upload any activity of yours and draw your favorite segments to race. The solution supports auto syncing from Garmin Connect, Polar, Suunto (and Wahoo in a week).

So if you're interested, test it out and race some friends. Check it out at https://hurryupchallenges.com

I would also love some constructive feedback as well :)

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: We just created Strava leaderboards on steroids… [Powerwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One bit of feedback: colloquial use of "on steroids" suggests something powerful or overcharged. Used in a cycling context, "on steroids" carries a strong whiff of cheating, skullduggery and toxic culture.

Given your target market, I would avoid any steroid talk while trying to emphasize your product's differentiated status. Call it Race to the Top or Sgmnt or Strava Improved, or Sträva förbättra, but no more steroid associations.
Quote Reply
Re: We just created Strava leaderboards on steroids… [Irezumi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is perfect for that one guy from a while back who wanted to dope solely to take all the KOMs in town. Hope he's grabbed a fair few at this point.
Quote Reply