Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

San Diego visit
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I'll be in San Diego for a conference next Sat to Wed and was wondering how difficult would ti be to rent a bike and ride for a few hours on Monday or Tuesday early/mid morning. I'll be staying near the convention center. Not sure what's safe or how far I need to go to get to a safer less traffic area.

thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego visit [Old lungs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check with Moment Bikes. They have a location close to the convention center and rent bikes out.

"trashlete20" for 20% off Peak NA Cocktails for Recovery
Youtube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to False Idol for some tiki drinks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old lungs wrote:
Hello,
I'll be in San Diego for a conference next Sat to Wed and was wondering how difficult would ti be to rent a bike and ride for a few hours on Monday or Tuesday early/mid morning. I'll be staying near the convention center. Not sure what's safe or how far I need to go to get to a safer less traffic area.

thanks in advance

"Safe" is always a relative term, but from the Convention Center, one route is the Bayshore Bikeway

Kinda fun to ride from the convention center all the way around to the park on Coronado Island, then hop on a ferry to be dropped off right at the convention center.

The sketchiest part, though is from the convention center until you get past the Navy and shipyard complex just south of there. It's not terrible at all. Just not a true "bike path" by any stretch.
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego visit [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was about to post the same about Bayshore Bikeway. There are parts of it that are great, and then there are parts where you wonder how you ended up in a junkyard. I wouldn't let that discourage you from using it, but it's good to know what you're getting into.
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego visit [ntl_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can rent a bike from stay classy bikes on 25th/market. there will be a hard group ride tuesday on fiesta island 815am or paceline ride 530pm. The bayshore bikeway is best for a safe solo cruise
Quote Reply